T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Rodney said:
For those of you junkies out there who are like me and have a TON of t-shirts in your wardrobe that you like to wear often, how do you organize them?
Hmm, what counts as a junkie? :) I probably only have about thirty five - more than the average bear, but I imagine I look like a lightweight beside you (believe it or not I didn't even wear t-shirts five years ago, at all).

I have a clothes rack for my t-shirts. They're all hanging on coat hangers and organised much like a library. Shirts from the same website hang together, within that they're sorted by colour, and I try and hang similar websites next to each other (so ThinkGeek shirts are next to Jinx shirts for example).

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Rodney said:
So hanging up on hangers isn't "taboo" for t-shirts? I thought I read here that it stretches out the neckline.
I've heard that a lot too, I'm just not convinced it's true.

I suspect the problem is people who are too lazy to hang shirts properly (i.e. they insist on shoving the hanger through the neck) so they are stretching the neckline themselves.

I don't know. I've never noticed a problem with stretched out necks though (but I'm not a tight neck tee kind of guy anyway).

Rodney said:
According to a recent survey, most people owned between 11-20 t-shirts. Over 31+ qualifies you as a junkie (see attachment A for reference :))
Heh :) Even by that survey a quarter of respondents have more than 30 t-shirts though, which seems pretty significant. Where's that from by the way?

Curious to answer that very question, a quick google search turned up a poll in which almost 60% had over 30 (and 17% over 60)... rather depends on who you ask (hmm... I might start a poll to find out how many the forum members have).

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Rodney said:
Umm, at the risk of being one of the aforementioned "lazy" people, what is the "proper" way to hang t-shirts on a hanger if not putting the hanger through the neck?
Like Jasonda covered, through the bottom.

If the neck is wide enough or the hanger short enough it may not be necessary, but for the majority of the clothing size range the neck has to be stretched to fit the hanger in that way.

Rodney said:
It's a survey I ran for a while on t-shirtcountdown
I should have known :)

So I guess you could view it as the average number of t-shirts a person who wants to buy more t-shirts owns :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.