T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if someone could tell me where can I find Wholesale Organic Onesies and Tee-shirts.

I'm looking for a better quality of goods than American Apparel.

Thanks,
Aimee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you had any luck finding sources? I just started looking myself and am having a really hard time. Here's what I've found so far:
Under the Nile
Blue Canoe
Ecoland inc.
Positively Organic
Pure Beginnings

Most of these wholesalers intend for their product to be resold directly, without embellishment, so the prices are quite high, especially when compared to American Apparel. I'm trying to source a greater variety of styles than AA currently offers. Do you know of any additional sources? I'd love to compare notes if you're interested!
MJ

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi MJ,

Here's what I've learned so far.

Ecoland Inc. – I have gotten some samples, but was highly disappointed.
Nice packaging, everything comes in a preprinted box.
Fabric - No better than American Apparel, okay, maybe just a hair. But not cheaper. Their goods are made in China. Now being Chinese myself, I have a very difficult time locating Organic clothing in China. Well, Ecoland claims to be Organic and sweat shop free…

Sckoon is another company that I came across (sckoon.com).

Blue Canoe – very expensive, even at wholesale level.
I found the manufacturer in CA, but they won’t return my calls.

Aimee

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if you all are still searching. There is a manufacturing company in Georgia called Wooly Lamb Organics. They sell up to 24 months in a variety of styles and colors. They will create a pattern and sample for you for $75 and will manufacture for you at various sizes and colors, same style for 300 units minimum. Pretty good considering everyone else is at 1200 plus same SIZE, color and style.

I had up to 6T manufacutred in their natural organic and am currently working on them doing a pattern for my own short and long sleeve tees, as well as hoodies.

They are more expensive given that their minimums are lower, but the quality is high and they're better build for the small guy building a business who cannot do 1200 per SIZE, style and color. Their interlock cottons is sooooooooo soft. Give them a call. They'll send you samples of what they have. The website is Wooly Lamb Organics.

And one more thing - they will also do embroidery and screen printing during production - along with your own labels sewn in or screened or heat press. The minimum for embroidery and screen printing is also 300 per design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if you all are still searching. There is a manufacturing company in Georgia called Wooly Lamb Organics. They sell up to 24 months in a variety of styles and colors. They will create a pattern and sample for you for $75 and will manufacture for you at various sizes and colors, same style for 300 units minimum. Pretty good considering everyone else is at 1200 plus same SIZE, color and style.

I had up to 6T manufacutred in their natural organic and am currently working on them doing a pattern for my own short and long sleeve tees, as well as hoodies.

They are more expensive given that their minimums are lower, but the quality is high and they're better build for the small guy building a business who cannot do 1200 per SIZE, style and color. Their interlock cottons is sooooooooo soft. Give them a call. They'll send you samples of what they have. The website is Wooly Lamb Organics.

And one more thing - they will also do embroidery and screen printing during production - along with your own labels sewn in or screened or heat press. The minimum for embroidery and screen printing is also 300 per design.
TrueGenius do they do clothes for adults too..or just children's?

·
Registered
19 Posts
TrueGenius do they do clothes for adults too..or just children's?
They will do any size you want. They will also do custom colors for you (10-12 week lead time for the fabric to be produced and dyed). They charge $75 to do a pattern for you and to give you a sample of that pattern. This takes about 2-3 weeks tops. From there it's only 300 pieces for minimum production of various sizes with that style. That only takes about two weeks once the material is received. If you do a color that they stock, it will only take a couple of weeks for production.

Of course, it's more expensive to do lesser quantities. I had 350 tees done in infant to size 6 (50 each). They cost me $6.25 each. This is including sewing the label during production.

Cheers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sure if you all are still searching. There is a manufacturing company in Georgia called Wooly Lamb Organics.
Is this website still working, because the link seems to be dead. I'm really interested in organic hooded jackets for toddlers. There doesn't seem to be many companies that do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in contact with Wooly Lamb and was told (this spring, if I recall) that it had just changed ownership and they would be phasing out the clothing. Here's their phone #, to call them directly: (423) 663-8144

Good Luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just did a google search for them and found this info:

Wooly Lamb Organics was a US manufacturer of organic cotton baby and children's clothing and bedding. The company went out of business earlier this year. We love the beautiful colors they offered and the diversity of their product line. We also love that they only used US-woven organic cotton and low-impact dyes for their line of baby clothes and accessories.

-- Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure if you are still looking, but I just did private label with company called Colored Organics. They have the highest quality organic cotton compared to other companies. I loved their service, color and prices and I am very pleased with my new brand :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I buy a lot of my baby stuff from wholesalebabyblanks.com. I only use the organics, and they are more expensive than the other stuff, but I would not have it any other way. Quality is very good, and softness is second to none.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using HAE Now (haenow.com) for the last 5 years.
They are by far the best quality organic cotton garments I have found and the company is wonderfuil to work with.
The name stands for Humans Animals and Environment Now and they live up to it.
They recently become the first and only source of Fair Trade Certified clothing blanks in the USA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks,
I applied for an account and I will check them out. I like to support USA made as well, but I also like to support companies like HAE Now since they are supporting organic farming and fairtrade parctices. People in India and other countries need to make a living also. We are all in this together.

·
Registered
359 Posts
We had a shirt fulfillment client ask us the same question. Normally, we suggest they use specific garments in our program (Bella Baby, American Apparel, Rabbit Skins), but they were insufficient. Why? Because the sleeves on the lap-shoulders were not finished.

Ultimately, they found (and used) Royal Apparel. They offer organic options, and they work great with direct to garment printing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered some organic cotton infant t-shirts and toddler L/S t-shirts from Royal Apparel last summer. I will not order from them again. They charged my CC the day I ordered. It took almost 3 weeks for my order to arrive.

They shipped s/s toddler T's and charged me the L/S price. Plus it was my first order and was supposed to be priced at case pricing and it was priced at single piece pricing.

The quality of the fabric and construction of the infant t's was so poor that I couldn't use them to fill my customer's order and I sold them as seconds.

To add insult to injury when I contacted them regarding the pricing error they offered me credit instead of a refund.

I recently got some samples from SPX Organics
(spiritex.net) and they are very nice. Made in the USA, great colors and good quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a bunch of them from Zeespot. It is a Canadian based business. The onesies were very nice quality. They have a minimum order, but for first time orders they do not require as many units. I actually was going to list the ones I purchased on etsy or ebay because I am not doing a whole lot of selling right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts