T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you are in the screenprinting business and use conventionally grown cotton, are any of you considering opening up to organic cotton to attract new markets and customers? If so what would be your typical order size, maximum price you would pay per shirt and what type of time period would you require for order turnaround, would it matter to you if it was made overseas or if it was domestically manufactured?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Annie-

No information is useless. This world is becoming a small place. I would love to hear any information you are willing to share. Thanks!

Webby
FTWear said:
Hey webby,

Where are you writing from? I'm in the organic cotton market but any information I give you about stuff here in the UK will be completely useless to you if you live in the US...

Annie

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
If you need organic cotton or fair-trade blanks for pretty competetive prices you should hit me up and I can guide you in the right direction.
Do you sell them or do you just know of companies that sell them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi again,

Sorry weby, I dropped off the face of the planet for a while there!!

At the moment, fair trade and organic cotton is a growing trend. Usually we get little organic shops asking for small order of around 20, so that is the order size we most typically place.
As for wholesale prices here in the UK you're looking at around £4.30 for tees in orders of 25 or more and around £3.90 for orders of 70+. That Excludes VAT and Delivery, which can be quite expensive here on small orders. I wouldn't pay more than £4.50 (excl.VAT and delivery) for a tee.

As for turnaround: for small orders I need them with me in a couple of days. I expect my suppliers to have them in stock and ship them next day delivery on the day I place the order or the day after that.
For larger orders (not bespoke), I'm looking at a week.

It doesn't matter where they are manufactured really. Organic cotton certification requires elevated labour standards, wherever the product is produced so as long as one can check the factory conditions and have a guarantee that principles are followed, it's not an issue.
Being UK based, I actually prefer the garments to be prefered Outside the UK because labour is so expensive here. Organic cotton garments already carry a heavy premium - the intention is to spread the habit of wearing organic cotton and fair trade clothes, not price ourselves out of the market and destroy a potentially fantastic culture!
Having said this, we are currently not big enough to ship and store large quantities of tshirts so we only deal with suppliers based in the UK. This means that they bear the storage (in the UK) and original shipping costs and ship to us from the UK. It means our hearts don't sink every time we look at delivery costs!

I hope that's the kind of info you were looking for... may I ask if you're thinking of moving into wholesale of organic cotton blanks?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey Annie :)

I'd definitely be interested in organic/fair trade blanks for printing purposes. I've been looking around the web and the best price I have found in the UK is around £6-7 per tee wholesale with my regular supplier having only one organic in their range at over £11 in only one colour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HeathenPeddler said:
Hey Annie :)

I'd definitely be interested in organic/fair trade blanks for printing purposes. I've been looking around the web and the best price I have found in the UK is around £6-7 per tee wholesale with my regular supplier having only one organic in their range at over £11 in only one colour.
raven
organic blanks? can you point in the the right direction. newbie only with a lots of ideas but nothing material yet.

peace

willie

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in austin so the organic market is big with my clients. I have been looking at apparel one. they have an organic lie of blanks that are reasonable

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beneficial Tees (Patagonia brand) had a great organic blank. They discontinued it because they say efforts to boost the use of organic blanks was sufficiently succesful. These are the list of blank suppliers they post on their website: http://www.beneficialts.com/suppliers.html
I would add to that American Apparel's sustainable edition (in natural only), and TS Designs, http://www.tsdesigns.com/.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Annie, we're a small screen-printing business in the uk and at the moment we're looking at going organic. Have you got any ideas who'd be the cheapest distributors locally with the best range of colours and sizes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers hun. Jammie.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi!
I bought some Organic Cotton t-shirts in UK at Continental Clothing.
They only have black, white and green.
I found the price affordable: £3.85 for samples, £3.05 for a 10 t-shirts pack (all same style,size,colour). VAT and delivery exluded.
I need to understand how much will cost the delivery. I am in Italy and I went to London to buy some samples.
I need to find a good and cheap courier...I will search and start a thread on that.
What do you think about that price?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found another company in the USA that makes very high quality organic shirts in earth tones. I am going to place an order with them soon. Check out Earth Creations . net -- Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have dealt with saftag through polo shirts uk, and they are great quality, however, polo shirt uk have said that they are not going to stock saf after they have run their stock down, shame really as from the saf website, their prices are very expensive.

would be interested in hearing about any other really high quality suppliers of organic cotton tees in Uk for around the 5 pounds per tee mark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts