T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again

Here is another question I have. When doing dark colored t-shirt is there a way to get images or transfers pre-cut from somewhere? I’ve heard of Sliver Mountain and a couple of others that do custom transfers but I was wondering how that works. Can the transfer be used on any color t-shirt or when ordering do I have to specify light or dark? Also when I order pre-printed transfers for dark colored t-shirts do I still need to cut them out myself? I’ve been putting off dark colored t-shirts cause it’s a pain to cut everything out. I try to use a bleed but for intricate art it’s a pain and sometimes very time consuming. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ideally I would like a whole explanation on ordering custom transfers (individual lettering as well). How it works from start to finish. Is there cutting, sizing, trimming, difference between lights and darks etc… anything I need to know

Thanks

brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Companies like Silver Mountain specialize in plastisol transfers. Plastisol is a commonly used screen printing ink. To create a plastisol transfer, screen printing is used to print your design onto a carrier page. When you receive the transfers, you then apply them to your shirts using a heat press. The only thing that is transferred is the ink, so there is no need to cut anything.

Plastisol transfers can be designed to work for light or dark shirts (or both!). Transfers destined for dark shirts will have an opaque ink printed on the top. When transferred to the shirt, it will serve as the background of the design.

I hope this helps. See my other post for a recommendation for lettering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts