T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just a simple question guys im gonna convert a table to a printing press I got plans from the internet and its pretty simple,

But I just have one question how high should the screen hoover above the table surface and how important is?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
usually about 1/8 of an inch is fine.

It's crucial especially when working with white or light inks on dark fabric.

You'll need more off-contact for sweatshirts.

The easiest way to achieve off contact for the type of press you describe is to stack a few quarters up and tape them to the bottom of your screen at the edge closest to you. You'll need one set for each corner.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yeah, i've read the rule is 1/16" - 1/8" and as Phillip stated it depends on the ink. I find with white ink a low off contact really makes the screen stick to the shirt.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot you two,

So is that 1/16 - 1/8 from screen to bench or screen to t-shirt

What height would you recommend for white ink as I plan to do a lot of that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'd just play around with it as it has a lot to do with many factors as I've leared from trying things out and people here on the forums. Try as low as you can go and then see what happens, if you're getting a lot of sticking raise it up a bit.

The lower the off contact the less pressure you need to apply to the squeegee to get it to touch the shirt so that is a good thing if you can get away with it. That is unless you want a lot of ink on the shirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts