T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
This is just my 2 cents... It looks much more like a gathering of "stuff" than a logo. Logos should be quick and easy to read and be memorable at a glance. If the whole box and everything inside is your logo, it would be a mess when you need to go B&W.

All of the elements just make my eyes go nuts! You should minimize to your COMPANY NAME, ICON and a simple tagline(only used when needed).

The style of the atom doesnt match the name text. The idea of a "modern" style name text with the vintage/rustic look of the background and stencil style ph # doesnt make any sense and the embossed look of the top and bottom text doesnt match either. This is my opinion(I am a fulltime designer and have designed thousands of logos, so I have some experience in this field)

KEEP IT SIMPLE & CUSTOM.

hope this helps a bit.

OH and NEVER put your phone number in a logo.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think I may have used the term "logo" inappropriately. This is more of a t-shirt design featuring the logo elements - the atom diagram and the modern font - (see attached). The phone number is changed depending on the wearer of the shirt. We made one for me and also one for my partner. Hope that clarifies a little. Thanks for your input!!

Logo:[media]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii531/atomicpress/Logo/weblogo.jpg[/media]

· Registered
3,633 Posts
It looks much more like a gathering of "stuff" than a logo. Logos should be quick and easy to read and be memorable at a glance. If the whole box and everything inside is your logo, it would be a mess when you need to go B&W.
+1 Oh my goodness yes.

You have "logos" and then there are "graphics". There's no distinct line delineating the two, but you kinda know.

And ALWAYS consider different forms of how it may reproduced in color and also how it can be represented in black and white.

· Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the image!

I agree with reconsidering with the look of the atom. I think the atom style is a bit standard and doesnt match the look of the text(thick lines with breaks). I think you could work up a sweet atom with these features that would be simple and awesome.

· Registered
323 Posts
I think I may have used the term "logo" inappropriately. This is more of a t-shirt design featuring the logo elements - the atom diagram and the modern font - (see attached). The phone number is changed depending on the wearer of the shirt. We made one for me and also one for my partner. Hope that clarifies a little. Thanks for your input!!

Logo:[media]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii531/atomicpress/Logo/weblogo.jpg[/media]
Your second go is better, but you may want to think if your logo goes through the copier, your atom may end up looking like a daisy. But much better than the first.

· Registered
736 Posts
Try making the atom just (thicker) black orbits with a green sphere in the center (black outline) or even just solid black. If you send this off to be screen printed it's going to cost you an arm and two legs. At a distance it looks like a Spirograph.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.