T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I need an opinion from the membership. I have come across these bags which I think would go well in my business with a specific segment of my customer base. My question is I don't know exactly which type of vinyl that would go best with it. I use Stahls heat press vinyl. So I was thinking maybe the Fashion Film. But I was also thinking about the Flock as well. The designs would be some wording or various logos for an organization. Pretty basic stuff. I have attached pictures. These bags are nylon by the way. What say you?

Attachments

· Registered
42 Posts
Those two materials are not suitable for the nylon bags you've shown here. Materials are listed on their website along with fabric compatibility. There are a few to choose from...you might also consider full color digital transfers when the logo contains multiple colors. Good luck to you!

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those two materials are not suitable for the nylon bags you've shown here. Materials are listed on their website along with fabric compatibility. There are a few to choose from...you might also consider full color digital transfers when the logo contains multiple colors. Good luck to you!
It looks like Stahls Superfilm will work. Also, Imprintables makes a vinyl for nylon as well. So I will try it on those.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
That would depend on the material being used...each has a recommended time, temp and pressure for the adhesive it uses. If the bag is sensitive to heat, you'd want to choose the material that applies for the least amount of time and temp.

For instance w/ Gorilla Grip II it would be 320 for 2 seconds, peel cold and then press w/ a cover sheet for an additional 10 seconds. Using a cover sheet throughout the process will also help to protect the bag.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Imprintables carry a low temperature printable vinyl (solar 210) that might work.
Recommended substrate: 100% cotton, 100% polyester, poly/cotton blends, non-woven polypropylene, other heat sensitive fabrics

If it is Nylon - their solution would be Solutions Opaque which sets at 305deg and adheres to any fabric with a soft hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.