T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A CUSTOMER SENT PDF THAT IM TRYING TO OPEN IN COREL. I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR SAYING THE FILE IS CORRUPT.

I CAN OPEN IT FINE FROM THE FILE THEY SENT ME, BUT I NEED TO PUT IT INTO COREL IN ORDER TO USE THE TEXT.

I OPENED IT AND SAVED IT AS AN EPS, BUT I STILL CANNOT OPEN IT IN COREL.

I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN CREATED ON A MAC, NOT TO SURE

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE:confused:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried importing it, and it tells me the file is corrupt.

I just opened it in photoshop, is there a way to save it in order to edit it in corel

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hours later..........heres what i did. I opened the pdf in illy cs2.......saved as a pdf with illy editing capability........opened in corel and there it was. Thanks for your help, ill try the other way next time.:d

·
Registered
311 Posts
Photoshop won't do it, because it will rasterize any vector input (except from Illustrator).

Maybe Inkscape could do it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
photoshop won't do it, because it will rasterize any vector input (except from illustrator).

Maybe inkscape could do it.
thats what happened, i managed to save it as a png from photoshop, and it helped a bit, but i could not edit the text. At least a gave me a blank background

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
obviously it was a customer screw up.....

@ NAGA:

thinking that inkscape will do anything above or beyond an adobe software program is just hilarious.

you get what you pay for and when everything you do is no-cost, cheap or fake that's how you come across in biz and life.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike,
I don't think this is a customer problem. I have been having the same problem and have researched it with Corel and others. It seems to be an Adobe newer version thing. I have Windows 10 Adobe DC. PDF files show up as Edge PDF. I can't even copy a PDF file. I will except any help or ideas anyone has.
Thanks in advance!:confused:

·
Administrator
14,658 Posts
Mike,
I don't think this is a customer problem. I have been having the same problem and have researched it with Corel and others. It seems to be an Adobe newer version thing. I have Windows 10 Adobe DC. PDF files show up as Edge PDF. I can't even copy a PDF file. I will except any help or ideas anyone has.
Thanks in advance!:confused:
As far as Edge is concerned, try associating all PDF's to open in Acrobat instead of Edge: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/not-default-pdf-owner-windows10.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts