T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made my site available to the public.
I know still there is long way to go, but if I don't start now I would never do it.
I hope to receive your tips, critics (if constructive the better) suggestions, etc.
Have to add more info, details, and my plan is to add a design every week or so.
But for the first time I am happy with my very basic site.

Thank you
Expression Forge, a t-shirt is worth a thousand words

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey Marcelo, first of all - congratulations on launching the new site. I used to build my own sites too and I know what it's like to pour countless hours into it. It isvery basic at the moment, but I'm sure you'll continue to tweak at it in the weeks and months to come.

I just want to let you know the alignment is way off to the right when I view it. I use the Flock browser on an old iBook G4. I got the same result when I tested it on both Firefox and Safari for Mac too. Here's a picture just so you can see what I'm talking about.

However, I looked at your site again on my wife's PC on a Firefox browser, and it turned out fine.

Just thought this might help. All the best!

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Marcelo, first of all - congratulations on launching the new site. I used to build my own sites too and I know what it's like to pour countless hours into it. It isvery basic at the moment, but I'm sure you'll continue to tweak at it in the weeks and months to come.

I just want to let you know the alignment is way off to the right when I view it. I use the Flock browser on an old iBook G4. I got the same result when I tested it on both Firefox and Safari for Mac too. Here's a picture just so you can see what I'm talking about.

However, I looked at your site again on my wife's PC on a Firefox browser, and it turned out fine.

Just thought this might help. All the best!
Hi thank you for the picture.. VERY helpful
Do you know the screen resolution of the old Mac?
It looks like that in my ancient laptop computer too, set at 800x600.
I use firefox, and also I tested it on Explorer.
On both it showed ok at I think 1280x1024 on my main computer.
I will give priority to optimize the pictures.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Working on downsizing the images...
That is the down side of having the server at home..
in my test computer it worked super fast... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Extremely slow!

I read every word of this thread before your page finished loading.

The images could be better also. They are very blurry before enlarging.
Images downsized 150 %, but still don't know what to do for the images that look blurry, maybe enlarging the image itself.... I'll try that.:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi thank you for the picture.. VERY helpful
Do you know the screen resolution of the old Mac?
It looks like that in my ancient laptop computer too, set at 800x600.
I use firefox, and also I tested it on Explorer.
On both it showed ok at I think 1280x1024 on my main computer.
I will give priority to optimize the pictures.
No worries Marcelo. I'm viewing it at 1024 x 768.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the site Marcelo. The pics loaded okay for me. Easy to navigate. Not too busy.

LOL @ the disclaimer for the OSHA T-shirt! Someone dumb enough not to get the joke is more than likely OSHA's worst nightmare.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like the check boxes for size and color selection but you need to make them mutually exclusive or switch them to radio buttons. I can select all of the sizes and add to cart.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the check boxes for size and color selection but you need to make them mutually exclusive or switch them to radio buttons. I can select all of the sizes and add to cart.
:eek::eek: It's true !!! Thank you..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I see the same issue of the content of the site getting thrown off to the right, just thought I should let you know. I'm on a Windows PC, Windows XP, and using Firefox 2. 1024x768.

If you haven't already you could try setting the content area to float:left in the css. Without having constructed the site myself though that is just a wild guess. Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts