T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

just switched over to using jet pro opaque.
Ive recently been using jet pro soft stretch on white t shirts with no problems.

following the instructions of pressing at 175 on medium press for 20 seconds followed by a further 10 seconds i am finding the edge of the transfer is quite hard and if you try you can pick at it .

Never had this with jet pro soft stretch which i press at 195 for 30 seconds.

I am using the correct settings for this paper or is it just one of the things with this type of paper?

· Registered
199 Posts
Don't rely on the teflon on your press! When you raise your press the image will raise off the shirt. Opaque is a COLD peal product. Put a piece of parchment paper over the print area, press (firm pressure) and remove the shirt from the press with the paper still in place... peal off the parchment AFTER 2 min. I get good results with tis method every time.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Opaque will crack mostly from improper laundering. Inside out in cold water, dry on low heat if dryer is used, or dry flat. That's my issue with opaque. It's a pain to keep it looking fresh on the shirt & can only be properly used with a cutter, depending on the intricacy of the design.

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Opaque will crack mostly from improper laundering. Inside out in cold water, dry on low heat if dryer is used, or dry flat. That's my issue with opaque. It's a pain to keep it looking fresh on the shirt & can only be properly used with a cutter, depending on the intricacy of the design.
Not all customer will comply with washing instruction. Some will just throw the shirt with the rest of the laundry without turning the shirt inside out. Use hot water regardless of temperature and hot dryer temp.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you asking if the 3g Opaque has a hard edge before you heat press it?

I found 3g Opaque harder to peel the backing off. So we switched to Blue Grid. Much easier to peel.

Using Custom Transfers or Garment Vinyl is even easier.
No it was more after pressing. Found opaque 2 had an edge which you could pick at if you tried. Whether this is down to me using the wrong settings i dont know.
So wondered if this one felt softer after pressing.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's true, but as the seller, it's your responsibility to provide laundering instructions so the customer knows what to expect & therefore cannot come back to you with a complaint.
Yes I intend to do this. The opaque 3G came today. Feels a lot smoother you can fRun your finger over it and no longer feel the edge. So happy with that :)

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Well, that answers your question then. We stopped using 3G Opaque so i don't remember.
He just posted in another thread looking for transfer mask. Apparently the transfer mask he was using was stuck permanently on the opaque.

Same thing happened to me with Cooler Concept opaque so I did not pursue using the opaque. Like you I stick with Blue Grid if and when I need opaque transfer. I don't sell shirt with opaque just for friends and relatives. Some would say opaque makes crinkle sound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.