T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i used your opaque transfer paper on a polo 7oz cotton shirt with a rough texture, but i have difficulties getting it to stick to the polo, i even tried increasing the temp, i followed all the right instruction, the polo does not have any thing but cotton, any thought guys??
good day

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
When I've used polos before, they've always been 100% cotton jersey type. I don't use pique (rough type) for heat press. Maybe someone else knows a tip. Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can call it pique it is very rough texture, it still not sticking, i hope someone can help, i want to try to use it with the mask.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am using with the magic mask for cad cut, but i cant get the printed part easily, it is ripping the paper out, what can i do? my image has many details so i cant place manually,
any help

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i am using with the magic mask for cad cut, but i cant get the printed part easily, it is ripping the paper out, what can i do? my image has many details so i cant place manually,
any help
I'm confused - what product are you using? An Opaque inkjet transfer paper for a desktop printer or a solvent print/cut material such as Solutions Opaque? Also what mask brand or backing color?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
the paper is inktra opaque from stahls
the backing is magic mask from stahls
the image has
details that I can't place manually so I use the mask.

Also If you have a front and back image on the tee using this paper how long would you do each side in the heat press?

Good day

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hi
the paper is inktra opaque from stahls
the backing is magic mask from stahls
the image has
details that I can't place manually so I use the mask.

Also If you have a front and back image on the tee using this paper how long would you do each side in the heat press?

Good day
We have two styles of Magic Mask - a low tack and medium tack. IF the medium tack seems to be too aggressive try the low tack. If the low tack isn't picking it up try the medium tack. The nice thing about both of these masks is that they are hot peel and not very heat sensitive which means you can complete the recommended heat application that the Inktra Opaque tech sheet calls for.

Press both sides of the shirt for the recommended application - you need to reach the melting point of the adhesive for both transfers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi this is the mask i bought
MC200M15000 CAD-CUT 20" Mag Msk 5.0/1.5 Clear
can you know from this is it the medium tack or low?

also i was able to use it to pick up the printed image but without removing the unprinted area and with peeling a tiny bit of the printed area with the weeder then putting the mask and picking it up.
but i think i could do with less tack.
good day

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
hi this is the mask i bought
MC200M15000 CAD-CUT 20" Mag Msk 5.0/1.5 Clear
can you know from this is it the medium tack or low?

also i was able to use it to pick up the printed image but without removing the unprinted area and with peeling a tiny bit of the printed area with the weeder then putting the mask and picking it up.
but i think i could do with less tack.
good day
It is neither. This is actually the magic mask that Thermo Film/Grip is laminated to. This will be much more aggressive then the medium tack mask.

I would recommend that you try the medium tack if this is too aggressive for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts