T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Need Some help on a website

My company has been working to create hosted design software for screen printers. We plan on providing it for a monthly subscription fee. I would be really interested in any feedback you might be willing to provide. It is still under development, and not available for sale yet.

It has an Admin Control Panel where the owner can download a color seperated Illustrator file for each completed order. The site owner is also able to customize colors and text.

RetroDuck.com is running the first version of the software at http://www.OwnShirts.com

Let me know what you think!

Sean

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hi Sean,

It's a very nicely designed tool. A few things I noticed:

Any way to get it to load more quickly? It took 17 seconds for me, and I'm on high speed. The "Loading" text didn't show up for the first 5 seconds. It is very responsive once it's finished loading, though.

The drop-down box for the fonts is very small, which makes it very hard to read the names of the fonts or see the style of them. Also, the "Edit" buttons that appear over the design are too small.

The Preview pane is ineffective when your type size is large. It only shows a corner of the design.

Sometimes when I change the position of something in the image, it "jumps" to a different location, leaving another box behind.

That's all I can think of right now. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: CyberWorx - Online Design Software

I ended up outsourcing all of the development to people more qualified than I. That made the whole project very expensive though. It was worth it, because it exports all of the art to color seperated illustrator files.

What do you think I could do to improve the pop-up situation and make the software less confusing?

Thanks for your input by the way!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for an onlinde design tool for our custom made t)shirts

In the forum I could not find the exact information.

Could anybody help with software for t)shirt design: customers should be able to see on befoerhand what they get online

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think "Loading software" line should be positioned a little higher, 'cause people with smaller screens will not even see it unless they scroll down - and they will see just a blank screen for a few seconds.

Some templates are empty - you should't put links with no content, it looks like a glitch 'cause you expect to see something, so you keep clicking same link again. Or at least instead of showing thumbnails it should say that this category temporary doesn't have any designs.

When you click "Clear design" and click "Ok" on the next screen, you get another screen saying that it has been cleared with another "Ok" button - this screen is absolutely unnecessary - it increases number of clicks and announces something that's obvious anyway.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I ended up outsourcing all of the development to people more qualified than I. That made the whole project very expensive though. It was worth it, because it exports all of the art to color seperated illustrator files.

What do you think I could do to improve the pop-up situation and make the software less confusing?

Thanks for your input by the way!
With the popups, I dont think people who are used to using technology will have a problem. I think my dad who is not used to using technology as much would have problems using it. Custom ink's program is slower, but it is still much easier to follow. Custom ink designed that program years ago, and as far as I can see nobody has yet to top it. This comes close though. I would rank it higher than spreadshirt's .

I would consider setting up a site with this software, except that you say there is a monthly fee. Why dont you just sell a license to use the software upright. What service are you providing customers beyond the development of the software?

·
Registered
43 Posts
nice flashwear site, agree with the others, pop ups and site nagivation (ease of getting aroun) could be a little better but great idea and design, wish you the best! Who did you use to design? I am currently building a site and would like some flash action going, it will mainly be a estore selling my label and desgns but I dont want to use a template design, I wanna look bigger and better than what I actually am right now... any contacts on site design??

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Any chance of making it not based on a "monthly fee" or hosted? Something that a printer could pay a one time license fee for and install on their site (maybe yearly support/ugrade fees).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hosted model for the software makes the most sense. As an Application Service Provider (ASP), SoloBox will be able to provide software updates, direct phone/email support, and backups for clients. Using flash and virtual includes, users will be able to integrate the software into their website without any sign of SoloBox involvement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts