T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there people,

Just a question. I read alot about people who are selling t-shirts and make a living out of it. I was wondering...are there people who make a living out of it just by selling them on the web or do most of you have a shop somewhere or visit markets?

Another question is: Are there people who sell the shirts on the web themself or do you all work with firms like cafepress?

I can be wrong but when i looked at the site of cafepress i noticed that the base price for a shirt is + 12 dollar. Ain't it cheaper to do your own printing or am i wrong?

Greetings Dreezle

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
most people at this forum run t-shirt websites by themselves. Many of us sell only online, but there are also alot of people here who are screen printers, sign makers, and embroiderers. There are many areas of the t-shirt industry. The advantage of cafepress is that there is no startup cost. If you are serious about the business, buy a heat press, and do it yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's,

Buying a heatpress and printing them yourself sounds more interesting indeed. When you do it yourself you wil actually see the shirt that your selling...that would give me more satisfaction than only seeing it online.

Dreezle

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You *can* use CafePress and still earn good money. It takes the same marketing to drive sales to a cafepress store or your own t-shirt shop. I do both (I use a lot of different services as well as my own shipping).

My suggestion is to test it out and not let the "base price" scare you off. You can sell a t-shirt for $20 very easily if you have unique designs that you can't get anywhere else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts