T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used one of the many on-line t-shirt printers? Do you have any preference? Do you feel it is better to find a local printer that you can establish a face to face relationship with, rather than dealing with individuals via the internet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I tried printing a design with a local printer.. but they messed up. I think online printers are probably the best since they have more experience than local printers. I started doing business with The Blue Collar Press, which usually print band shirts, and they must be the best printers and the coolest guys I've ever worked with.. even though they are stationed about 600 miles away. I would never use a printer like cafepress though.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I've done business with both local printers and online printers (and local printers that I've found online).

If you have very specific issues and want to be very close with the production of your shirts (need to look at the shirts as they come off the press, really picky, etc), then you may be better off with a local printer.

I think most online printers have their processes down to handle 95% of all print jobs and have quality checks in place to help prevent bad prints.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think it depends on the printer, and has nothing to do with them being online or off. you may find a good online printer and a bad offline printer, and vice versa. I cant figure out how the poster above (statc) can say that online printers have more experience than local printers.??

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm saying that from personal experience which is about four months. In February i wanted to print a V-Day design with a local printer. They charged me 9$ a shirt for 3 color screen printing, told me that they were going to have it done by the day, and then didn't, forcing me to scrap the idea and waste the time I spent marketting.

For the next design I went with BCP and they got my stuff here in a week and a half for 6$ a shirt. I guess there might be a discrepancy on what an online printer is.. when i think of an online printer I think of any company not in your area, after finding them online.

I think online printers have more experience because while local printers often have the same clients( in my case the company mostly printed gym shirts for schools and shirts for marathon events), online printers have a lot of different clients giving them experience in printing different styles.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I think it would be best to save the printer recommendations for off board or by research. There are lots of printers on this forum and people have buddies who are printers. I think it would be hard to give unbiased recommendations :)

I think it depends on the printer, and has nothing to do with them being online or off. you may find a good online printer and a bad offline printer, and vice versa.
I agree with aokusman there. Just do your research when selecting a printer (online or offline) and maybe start with a small run to test their customer service and quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts