T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start an online t-shirt business, and need some help with a few things.

First - I don't want to use CafePress, Zazzle, etc because I want larger profit margins w/o having to sell a t-shirt for $29.

Second - I'm wanting front and back print with vibrant colors

Third - I want my own website url instead of Cafepress.com/377129

Does anyone know of a printer that will print onesies and twosies with multiple colors ... and ship the orders?

I have my own online merchant acct, I just needs a fulfillment company that can print the shirts, one or two or three at a time, and still have a nice sharp print and not something dull or fuzzy.

Any advice about this or any thing else related to the online shirt business will be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Does anyone know of a printer that will print onesies and twosies with multiple colors ... and ship the orders?
Sure - Cafepress, Zazzle, etc. If you want that kind of service, you need to pay for that kind of service.

Something is always going to have to give. You can get a better margin, but you won't be able to print ones and twos (you'll need to pre-print inventory and carry risk). Or if you want no risk, full service, the company doing all the work wants their cut to stay in business too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What you need is a contract DTG printer. There are several that post in the DTG section of this forum; I'm sure some may offer to drop ship direct to your customer for an additional fee, but bear in mind, they're going to charge $5 to $7 per side for singles, so buy the time you add your profit, and the cost of the shirt, you're probably going to be pretty close to the $29 retail price you don't want to charge. Unfortunately, there's no inexpensive way to do small quantities and drop ship. That's why Cafe Express & Zazzle charge what they charge...it's not that they're making large profits, that's just what is costs (plus a resonable profit for them) to produce a good qualtity onesis, and the labor to package & drop ship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts