T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is Mike. August 26th, will be my wifes one year anniversary of stopping smoking,(wish I could say the same), which also co-insides with the same day she had a massive heart attack, anyhow I just got my heat press, and was wanting to make her an anniversary t-shirt. Anyone have any design ideas, all I'm coming up with is the no-smoking sign, I want something more special than that, can ya tell how proud I am of her? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
5 Posts
How 'bout a heart with crossed cigarettes ( skull and crossbone fashion) and caption

"I'm not letting my second chance go up in smoke"

·
Registered
584 Posts
I salute anyone who goes through this amazing feat, I know how hard it is!

Maybe an outline of someone's body and lungs, with them blowing out all of the bad smoke and showing a healthy heart. maybe a slogan that says "Quit Blowing Smoke".

Or you could do some artsy shot of someone stepping out a cigarette.

What does your wife like? What are her interests or hobbies?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey, this is Mike. August 26th, will be my wifes one year anniversary of stopping smoking,(wish I could say the same), which also co-insides with the same day she had a massive heart attack, anyhow I just got my heat press, and was wanting to make her an anniversary t-shirt. Anyone have any design ideas, all I'm coming up with is the no-smoking sign, I want something more special than that, can ya tell how proud I am of her? Thanks for any help
OK, this may be stupid, but hopefully you can brainstorm some ideas from this. How about a shirt that looks like it has an award ribbon pinned to it. The award can have something like 1 YR. Smoke-free, and maybe even throw in "Heart-attack free".
OR
How about one of those signs sometimes seen on a construction site that says "Accident Free for XX days".... You could put "Smoke-Free for 365 days"....and counting...

Or maybe do something creative with a no-smoking sign inside the open part of the "6" in August 26th?

Hope those got your thoughts rollin'!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Congrats, Mrs. Knucklehead. I was thinking of a heart w/ a broken cigarette in the heart. With text saying smoke free 1 year. Or similar text. Maybe over the heart.
Mike :) P.S. maybe "A HEALTHY HEART"

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats on the Anniversary!
For anyone else that smokes Pick a day and quit! I smoked for over 30 yrs. I quit this past Feb on my daughters birthday.
This tool is pretty cool:
Xarka - QuitCounter Homepage
It gives you stats like this:
Nicotine Free and Healing for Six Months, Ten Days, 10 Hours and 38 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 37 Days and 10 Hours, by avoiding the use of 10777 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $2,362.60.

You don't need no patch or pill, just talk yourself into it.
If I can do it anyone can!

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Congrats. I quit years ago and you start feeling better right away.

She needs a shirt with a clear chest x-ray, that's what every ex-smoker really wants!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I think the xarka quit counter is a great tool, thanks for the link Lost1. I haven't had a cigarette since Sunday, I saw the quit counter on Mon. , talk about timing.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts