T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
I actually use a mix of one stroke and rutland only because I don't like a few of rutlands colors consistencies, ultramarine and scarlet in particular. On the flip side I wouldn't give up some of rutlands colors for one strokes such as kelly, m2 yellow.one stroke can be a bit pricey though. I do think the white is over priced, good ink just expensive.

· Registered
79 Posts
I use a bit of One stroke inks - they have a good line of inks but a bit pricey
I use their specialty inks all the time - they are the best...
metallics, fluorecents, glow in the dark, velvet, baby soft, etc. - Their specialty inks are top notch.

· Registered
314 Posts
Received a sample of the One Stroke white in the mail today. LOVE IT....LOVE IT.....LOVE IT.... used it to print white on black and for a print flash print and didn't know what I was missing.

Made all the difference in the world. But yes, it is pricey.

· Registered
314 Posts
Tried it on a 50/50 blend, manual, the sample was free. A quart cost me about $40. I got 2 quarts of athletic ink and a quart of the white, with shipping it was $141.

I'll be buying it again, though, in a gallon. It mixed really good, like a spreadable cream cheese consistency. I'm impressed with how there was no bleed at all.

· Registered
453 Posts
Wow, that's $120 a gallon. For some reason I never see any printers using it here in California, must be the cost and everyone these days is looking for ways to pinch pennies.

I run short runs and sleeves on the manual Hopkins press instead of the M & R Automatics and I hate using thick and sticky low bleed white. You really get a workout with your arms on the larger full chest designs. I spent a lot of time trying different low bleed whites from Wilflex Buffalo White to Union ink Maxopaque to Rutland Lo Bleed and I always go back to using International Coatings 711 LF. It's creamy and it flashes fast. At the show they said they had a new one that's even creamier but a little more expensive. You can get a gallon of IC-711LF from Sericol out of Kansas City for about half that price plus shipping. 1-800-255-4562 They also have the 1100 series athletic colors for mesh jerseys and other poly blends of athletic wear.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.