T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm daniel. in 2 days i'm headed up to the imprinted sportswear show to max out all my credit cards and buy a fast-t jet 2 to start printing small runs.

I've been working on skreened.com for a few months now and it finally launches, allong with the business, monday.

I'd love feedback, positive or negative, questions, partnerships, or anything else you have to throw out at me.

It's an exciting time. I know there are screen printers out there that want to be able to do small runs. i've got reseller prices if you're interested, and reselling the service is an integral part of the business.

so if you're in the market, or just want to check it out. please do.

humbly new,
daniel fox
designer / principal
skreened.com

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Daniel, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Are you concerned at all about the quality of the printing on black shirts? I recently saw some prints at a Printwear tradeshow in Long Beach and the fast-t-jet prints looked sort of washed out on black garments.

The white/light colored garments looked awesome with 2 passes.

Best of luck with your new venture! Hope to see you around the forums.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, quality is a huge issue.

I haven't seen the washing out thing your talking about, but I'm curious if others have, and if they have a workaround (more white passes, i don't know)

thanks for the message and encrouagement. i'm glad i found the forums!

daniel

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I love the technology but dont think its quite there just yet for black garments. I kind of equate it with dye sublimation. Produces a nice product with limitations. The cool thing is both technologys are being worked and improved and the future looks good.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I love the name. Best of luck Daniel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i just got home from the sportswear show in illinoise. so, driving for 2 days. little pooped. but just pulled the micro-beast into the living room.

i saw some of the stuff they had printed at the show. all of it on black tees.

some looked really bad. a few looked great! it didnt seem to do photos very well, but the vector based stuff looked good.

from what they said, and it seemed true, it's a garbage in garbage out situation. if you start with a crappy photo and dont know how to fix the levels etc, for print, you'll get a really flat kinda thing.

but stuff was really popping. an enjoyably substantial ink laydown, had a plastisol feel. so. i'm gonna look at the dvd and get it revved up here myself.

i'll report on what i get out of it, no spin, i promise.

as for background on my site: what do you think would be good? do others agree? i'm trying to keep it simple and clean, but i've still got time for some design changes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Daniel

Just wanted to say congrats on the site, it looks great.

Hongkongdmz: what colour do you think the background should be?
Just interested cos I'm working up to a site re-design myself

Rosie

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I like the background on the site. I'm not a big fan of complex or dark background on an ecommerce type site, but it can work sometimes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
rosie i just saw your name "batfink" and i used to love that cartoon. "My wings are like a shield of steel" or something like that. anyways carry on...

·
Registered
23 Posts
LOL, yeah I used it as my messneger name years ago and it's now stuck.
My family actually call me Batters to my face, oh and my bro is secret squirrel :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts