T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few designs that just involve text. I was wondering what would be best to have CafePress use, transfers or direct to fabric on black shirts?

Also, when I get ready to send the image (in .PNG format of course) will they be able to figure out what I want from it?

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
CafePress only prints Direct to Garment on black t-shirts.

You will need to make your PNG image exactly the way you want it to look when you upload it. They won't try to "figure" your image out :) They just print it as you upload it.

You'll need to make sure the PNG image is transparent where you don't want them to print and white where you want the white ink to be.

Hope this helps, any other questions, just let me know. They also have some good tutorials on their site when you are creating the black t-shirt. There will be links for "preparing your art for black t-shirts" or "designing for black t-shirts"

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have read those tutorials, pretty simple really. Right now I'm beginning to set up shop (carefully), I just wasn't clear about the color. Thanks so much for your help & I'll keep post when it all finally comes together.

Kind of sucks though when you have a basic shop you cannot customize your shop anymore (just like in Spreadshirt).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.