T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Β·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new screen printer here wanting to be the best I can be 😁 We use MHM auto press machines. Printing white plastisol on black tee, some of our jobs use 90tpi screens for Ubase and others are on 43tpi. Obviously at the lower thread count, using tub fresh there are no issues with ink passing through however, some say tub fresh should still work through a higher thread count without needing a reducer. I've found this to be true mostly but when using 90 ubase and 90 hilite for the higher detail, I'm not entirely sure how to get enough hilite down for bold coverage in one stroke, even after adjusting squeegee angles, duro, stroke speed, pressure etc.... So I was wondering if it was in the flood stroke and could it be that the stencil isn't filling properly? If so are there any tips for achieving this, should the flood coat be harder and the angle lower for instance?? I hate thinking about this at the weekend because I've now got to wait until Monday to satisfy my curiosity and try stuff πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

1 - 1 of 1 Posts