T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a customer who supplied one color distressed art for a tshirt job... The distressed was generated by the advanced artist product, i believe the distressed is a monochrome bitmap..

I'm have a very difficult time burning a screen to capture his design... can anyone help or point me to a good link on how to burn distressed designs...

Thanks,

M

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
@BMurphy
are you just printing that design and exposing it on your screen?if so that is your problem..when burning positives, your positives must contain only color black..if you have gradients you must convert it to halftones..in the case of your design there are two things you could possibly do..one is make the design so that there are no grays and only black and white, and the other is convert it to halftones..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys,

I've tried both converting to black and white as well as creating halftones...

Halftones gave the best results, but still did not pick up all the distress. (the items outside the txt)..

I spoke with client, and he's happy if we can just get the txt with distress to fly...

For halftones, I'm using ghost, etc...

I'll post pics of a test print...

Thanks for the help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.