T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should i charge to print 30 green 50/50 blend shirts with white plastisol print on the front. I'll have to buy the shirts too. Keep in mind i do want to make some money off this too. I dont wanna be one of those guys who low ball just to get work, because that is what kills this profession.

·
Registered
185 Posts
First of all a white print on a 50/50 green shirt will be a two color print in anyones book. You will need to use a dye migration blocking ink as an underprint like "polyone" flash it and then lay down either another layer of the polyone or something bright like quick white or Bright Tiger etc. (I'm quoting wilflex ink colors because they are the most common) PLEASE don't make the mistake of using a non-blocking ink.

A friend printed 1500 royal 50/50s for Frito Lays with Chester (the Frito Cheeta I think?) anyway he printed a white base then the gold on top and it looked great as It went into the box. Three days later when the good folks at Frito Lays opened the boxes they found Chester was GREEN! The Dye from the 50/50 shirts migrated through the inks and changed the color 2-days after the shirts were printed. My friend had to re-print all those shirts not a happy incident.

I just ran this through my quote tool, I'd charge $8.03 a shirt or $240.90 for the whole order

·
Registered
12 Posts
i charged 7 each for 1 color one side.....34 for musical in town. Kinda low but next time ill go a bit higher i just wanted my foot in the door and my name out there. They just called me back for another musical 72 shirts some bellas and some Tshirt. So it helped but it didnt help all the printers out cause you dont want to go to low cause it will force everybody to lower their prices. So shame on me and i learned a lesson.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the $8 price range is about right. I feel that a screen printers time and labor should always be a factor too. I enjoy learning this trade, but at the same time I want to make good money too. Thx for input everyone. @David. Thats a nice website you have. I like the fact that you wanna give back. Thats why its important to make a good income from the work that we do so that we can afford to give back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.