T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning....

Having a problem w/ a graphic for screenprinting...this is to go on navy shirts and it just can't seem to look right.....
By the way, I am not a screenprinter and am having a problem describing this to the contract printer...how it needs to look.
The man in the logo ends up not looking like he should...we loose the likeness of him with screenprinting when we do this in a two color print (red and white)....They don't mind if all the lettering is in white.
Can someone give me some ideas on how to make this logo look like it should on a navy shirt?

Thanks in advance
Margaret
Cutting Edge

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would print it with three colors, print the white, which would include the filler on the man, then the red, then the black for the mans outlines and features, this should give you the man exactly as pictured. Another option would be to print the white and use the navy garment color as the outlines and features on the man, this keeps you in the two color arena.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think he is printing on Dark shirts so the black ink would be useless
what kind of artwork do you have? - is it an EPS?
If you send me the artwork, i can fix it for ya...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have sent you an email.....thanks to all for responding to this.

Margaret
Cutting Edge

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first try at this....all the lettering and outlines were in white.......face didn't end up looking like a face..and with the face and arms being blue.....the man in the logo didn't look like he should of....

Margaret
Cutting Edge

·
Registered
861 Posts
right, what I am saying is print the black ontop of the white. make the fill for the man white.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I fixed this for Margaret
The problem was with the whole file itself - this was TRACED from a different file either using Corel or AI
the last two letters in construction were touching the outline of the guy and obviously once she changes the two letters, then everything that was traced as black changes to white
Solution:
delete some points on the last 2 letters, duplicate the o & the N and use those 2 at the end
Tracing programs are ok for certain tasks - not so good for another...

:)
Glad to be of help

·
Administrator
14,728 Posts
I fixed this for Margaret
The problem was with the whole file itself - this was TRACED from a different file either using Corel or AI
the last two letters in construction were touching the outline of the guy and obviously once she changes the two letters, then everything that was traced as black changes to white
Solution:
delete some points on the last 2 letters, duplicate the o & the N and use those 2 at the end
Tracing programs are ok for certain tasks - not so good for another...

:)
Glad to be of help
Upload your fix. Let us take a peek.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts