T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to set up an on-line e-bay store selling my tees, How much inventory

should i start out with? Would there be a conflict of interest if i sold my shirts on-

line and sold them to local retailers? I'm just wondering if retailers would buy

my tees if i also sold the same tees on-line. Also, what are some of the other

ways to market an on-line store to the public.:)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
There are eBay tshirt stores that sell 1 shirt a week.

There are eBay stores that sell 400 shirts a day.

It's a huge market, but it has huge competition. To do well there, you must do what you do very, very well. And I don't mean cheapest...that will count against you.

If you search for eBay in the search box, you'll find a post of mine detailing how eBay stores can be used as a highly effective traffic-stealing tool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I have sold things on ebay for a few yaers now, One way to test your ebay market is to start out either printing a few short runs until you know the design takes off...You even start by using a service like cyber cafe.com where they will print oyur designs for you & ship them..

In terms of scaring away your offline store sales I wouldn't worry about that to much, if at all (my opinion) most people still don't search ebay (especially offline store) looking for the same product for less.

For additional marketing there are some great resources out there for online tactics like google adwords & Press releases , article submissions etc..that give you a great headstart above your competition.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
What you don't want to to do is tell the retailer that you are now the competition. If you have a web site and your selling to retailers it should be a wholesale website. I know I do both. well I think I know.. I don't know everything.. I know because my wife tells me so..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts