T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning.....

I have some shirts being brought in...the backs have been screen printed and now they would like their names added w/ vinyl on the front....

Anything I should know on this? front is blank, but when pressing the front is it going to damage the back design?

Margaret
Cutting Edge

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If the back is waterbased ink then should be no problems, but if it's plastisol it might be affected by the heat and pressure. I would loop the t-shirt over the lower platen so only the front gets pressed.

Lee

·
Registered
721 Posts
I think you should be OK heat wise, but if your press is one that allows you only to place the shirt on it (does not accomodate slipping your shirt over it so that you only have the front side on the platen), then place something inside the shirt.

It sounds like this will be a small "over heart" print. In that case, you can use a mouse pad. Or, if you have a cap press, you could slip the shirt on that so that you're only pressing the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.