T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from a REAL customer. I'm so excited I could scream. OK I won't do that, but I need to know if I can do sublimation on a 65% poly, 35% cotton lab coat??? If so what is the time & temp. I will only have one chance to get it right and I don't want to screw it up. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2,201 Posts
I am sure someone here will know the answer better then I
But I would say yes, it just will not look as good as 100% because it will only adhere to the poly and not the cotton
I have never done anything other than 100% poly myself but a person I know did it on 50/50 and said it didn't wash as well and another guy did it on 50/50 and it felt like a transfer, (he swears it was sublimation but I swear it felt like a transfer so I am not sure if he knew what he was talking about even though he does do sublimation on mugs) I just can't imagine sublimation would feel like a transfer even on 50/50 but I could be wrong.

Good luck and congrats on your REAL customer:)

· Registered
8,807 Posts
After doing dye sub for a long time....I would tell your customer that it will have a very faded look...since the process of dye sub causes the ink.turned into gas..to bond with the polyester fibers. It will NOT bond to cotton. It will look pretty good when pressed but since 35% is cotton...35% of the fabric strands will not have color when washed...you will have a 'distressed' look - which some like. This has been my experience

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.