T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Looks like everyone is happy with the dtg washingablity and hardly see people discussing it recently.
But for me it has been a problem since the first day. Today see a customer wear a tee shirt I printed half year( could be one year) ago, I feel.....

it is a black tee , Tee shirt still in good quality. it is 2 colours solid print, white and hot pink before. it looks just white coloure left now after half year. and 95% of hot pink has washed away.

I wear one rasta coloure newzealand map printed black tee it was done on early 2012. almost same situation. I put a photo on soon.

I do tell my customer to wash inside out and absolutely no Dryer. but how many lesson to me. I do realized my printing( mainly unlayer white) come off even put into dryer once

Comparing with one black shirt I got done by 6 screens. shirt is worn but the printing still looks new.

Hope any one have some ideas, I use VJ and EQ's fast ink.

Cheers

Charlie

· Registered
824 Posts
There are several factors to consider when discussing washability. The first is the type of shirt you are using. While virtually all 100% cotton shirts will wash well, some brands and weaves do wash slightly better than others. The second factor is pretreatment. You want to apply enough pretreat so that you get a good print, but not too much pretreatment or else you will experience washability issues. The third factor is curing. You should cure dark garments at 330 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Performing wash tests will give you a better idea of exactly how long you need to cure your garments for. Of course the EZ support department would be happy to speak with you personally about this. Please let us know If we can be of assistance.

-Alex

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alex.

I use gildan 2000 black tee. and I'm not sure my heatpress presser's temperature is correct or not. I think my pretreat is correct because the white ink can stay on the tee shirts for 1.5 years(that is another customer tees for resturant, may washed 50 times ). I'm more concerned about coloure ink washed off from white base slowly.

Could you please explain more about the ink we use. and I 'd like to hear more from printers who using the same ink.

Cheers

charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.