T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, I have been printing since '86. working in commercial companies in Auckland NZ, Sydney Australia and London England.
Back home in Nz now and working from my Garage for the last 8 years.
I use Photoshop and Illustrator and am pretty much self taught. Thanks to the internet and lots of trial and error:) Be great to help others or pick your brains about issues.
Cheers Tristin (girl)

· Registered
3,145 Posts
I printed my first T-shirt in 1982 when I was a sophomore at the University of Hawaii.... We used to hand cut amberlith for color separations and even to make direct screens (we had photo emulsion but film positives had to be produced photographically and they cost money - No computer graphics back then...)

· Registered
47 Posts
ripcord, I worked the darkroom and made positives with a big ole camera we had. before darkroom we would have some sort of giant copier machine that we would print out text. We then wax the back of the papers put them together like a puzzle. any gradients we also cut out with blade and put into artwork copy.. then camera would shoot the positive. crazy good times. thanks for reminding me awesome!!

· Registered
3,145 Posts
ripcord, I worked the darkroom and made positives with a big ole camera we had. before darkroom we would have some sort of giant copier machine that we would print out text. We then wax the back of the papers put them together like a puzzle. any gradients we also cut out with blade and put into artwork copy.. then camera would shoot the positive. crazy good times. thanks for reminding me awesome!!
Yeah, I worked the darkroom too and also the "stripping table" which youngsters think sounds a whole lot more fun than it really was. And back then if we needed to touch up a photo we used a real airbrush and if you screwed it up there was no second chance... And if someone brought in a sloppy paste up we just printed it the way it was. I've seen some truly horrible awful offset and screen print jobs all the way into the early 90's when we could actually fix some of that stuff...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.