T-Shirt Forums banner

Okidata Laser printer

4838 Views 27 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  backtovermont
Kind of a little off topic but need to reach Oki Laser users. Where do you buy your toner? I currently am running 2 Oki c610's and the OEM's prices are killing me.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Lowest compatible or genuine I have seen is suppliesguys.com. I have been buying my compatible from Colortoner.com but they don't carry your model. Suppliesguys.com have it. I have not used their toner.
Lowest compatible or genuine I have seen is suppliesguys.com. I have been buying my compatible from Colortoner.com but they don't carry your model. Suppliesguys.com have it. I have not used their toner.
Were you buying OEM's or refilled toners from Colortoner? If they were refills' what was your experience with them. Reliability, color match and compatibility with your machine? I tried some Inktechnologies from China and my Oki 610 won't even recognize them. Total waste of money and they didn't want to even here about returning them.
Were you buying OEM's or refilled toners from Colortoner? If they were refills' what was your experience with them. Reliability, color match and compatibility with your machine? I tried some Inktechnologies from China and my Oki 610 won't even recognize them. Total waste of money and they didn't want to even here about returning them.
I bought the cartridges. No issue using them for heat transfer. They were just as good as the OEM.
I bought the cartridges. No issue using them for heat transfer. They were just as good as the OEM.
Thank you. Your the first person I've talked to that is happy with anything other than OEM's. I will call Colortoner to see if they have a interchangeable cart. for me. My OEM's are almost $200.00 each.
Talked to the Colortoner people, very knowledgeable and helpful. They were able to provide me with a compatible toner for my Oki c610 at a great savings and can actually refill and re-chip OEM standard carts. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Reactions: 1
Talked to the Colortoner people, very knowledgeable and helpful. They were able to provide me with a compatible toner for my Oki c610 at a great savings and can actually refill and re-chip OEM standard carts. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Have you had the opportunity to give these a try yet for your c610? Wondering what your experience has been from Colortoner with this?
Have you had the opportunity to give these a try yet for your c610? Wondering what your experience has been from Colortoner with this?
I tried other compatible toner carts with horrible results, bad color and printer unable to recognize the Toner cart. These Colortoner compatibles work! I have printed over 50 transfers so far with them, great results and no glitches. I am a happy Camper and I will buy more! They also can refill your OEM replacement carts and re-chip too.
Reactions: 2
I tried other compatible toner carts with horrible results, bad color and printer unable to recognize the Toner cart. These Colortoner compatibles work! I have printed over 50 transfers so far with them, great results and no glitches. I am a happy Camper and I will buy more! They also can refill your OEM replacement carts and re-chip too.
This is off topic question. You mentioned in another thread about using a laminating machine to marry the two step laser transfer for dark. Have you tried it yet? How did it work?
This is off topic question. You mentioned in another thread about using a laminating machine to marry the two step laser transfer for dark. Have you tried it yet? How did it work?
It doesn't eliminate the Marrying step, but it makes the results a lot more consistent. The flecking caused by tiny air bubbles is gone and I don't have to rotate the transfer (I use clamshell presses) half way thru the marrying step. Consistency no longer eludes me! My reject shirt pile is shrinking and I'm a happy camper. I bought mine from Staples and it's worth every penny of the $30 or so spent.
It doesn't eliminate the Marrying step, but it makes the results a lot more consistent. The flecking caused by tiny air bubbles is gone and I don't have to rotate the transfer (I use clamshell presses) half way thru the marrying step. Consistency no longer eludes me! My reject shirt pile is shrinking and I'm a happy camper. I bought mine from Staples and it's worth every penny of the $30 or so spent.
Yes it does not eliminate marrying step with the heat press. I saw the video from Rhinotech.com how it is used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP6Ry7gfGCw
Yes it does not eliminate marrying step with the heat press. I saw the video from Rhinotech.com how it is used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP6Ry7gfGCw
That's where I saw it and that's why I bought one. Not trying claim that I came up with the idea, just trying to share info on things that work.
That's where I saw it and that's why I bought one. Not trying claim that I came up with the idea, just trying to share info on things that work.
No malice intended. Not implying that you were claiming the process. I was just curious how it turned for you. Good to know that you were successful and pleased with the process. I posted the video so others may benefit from it as well.
I wonder it this will work for the FOREVER transfers. I have not got a single successful transfer with these. NONE! They sit in a pile. I have had almost the same luck with the FOREVER Transparent. Those are way to pricey to keep wasting!

CalhTech>
I wonder it this will work for the FOREVER transfers. I have not got a single successful transfer with these. NONE! They sit in a pile. I have had almost the same luck with the FOREVER Transparent. Those are way to pricey to keep wasting!

CalhTech>
I had not been successful with Forever either. I can't get passed printing. No matter what settings I used the toner just would not fuse on the whole artwork. What printer do you have and what are you settings?
I had not been successful with Forever either. I can't get passed printing. No matter what settings I used the toner just would not fuse on the whole artwork. What printer do you have and what are you settings?
I have an OKI 610. I didn't have any problem printing, I could never get the sheets married. I know it can be done. I got samples from Digital Heat FX. They pressed pretty good and looked and felt ok. The transparent worked great for white but again, I could never marry the transparent either.....

CalhTech>
I have an OKI 610. I didn't have any problem printing, I could never get the sheets married. I know it can be done. I got samples from Digital Heat FX. They pressed pretty good and looked and felt ok. The transparent worked great for white but again, I could never marry the transparent either.....

CalhTech>
You did not mention the printer settings you used.
You did not mention the printer settings you used.
MPT with Labels 2. Never had a problem printing. Just marrying.
I use an Okidata c610 set on a heavy 2 paper setting for almost every kind of transfer, then run the A&B sheets thru the laminator before marrying them I the heat press. The laminator seems to smooth everything out and insure good contact between the two sheets.
I use an Okidata c610 set on a heavy 2 paper setting for almost every kind of transfer, then run the A&B sheets thru the laminator before marrying them I the heat press. The laminator seems to smooth everything out and insure good contact between the two sheets.
Is the laminator Hot or Cold?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.