T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the okidata c831 printer with weedless laser transfer papers? I've been using an okidata c610, which has worked fine, and want to print tabloid sized transfers. I just want to know if anyone has used this printer for transfers before I shell out the cash. It appears to be new. Thanks.

· Registered
255 Posts
Has anyone used the okidata c831 printer with weedless laser transfer papers? I've been using an okidata c610, which has worked fine, and want to print tabloid sized transfers. I just want to know if anyone has used this printer for transfers before I shell out the cash. It appears to be new. Thanks.
Just out of interest, what paper do you use? I have used "Exactprint in the past with disastrous results(cracking after first wash) printed on my C610.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the Okidata C831-TS printer. The printer works fine, but so far I can't get the Imageclip paper to work. However, it seems to work fine with the printer, my problem is getting the two step paper to actually work with my heat press. After 30-49 tries, I got a good image transferred over, but now having trouble getting that image to look good on a shirt.

· Registered
436 Posts
I use the OKI 831 printer with image clip laser light and dark and have gotten good results after a learning curve.....I found i needed to use slightly more pressure than recommended with my Geo Knight press. But after getting things dialed in i am getting very good results with the image clip papers

· Registered
2 Posts
Are you getting high quality prints. High resolution w. good detail. I'm considering purchasing this machine. I understand a lot depends on what you are printing on, but I would like to know how you evaluate the output.
thanks!

· Registered
436 Posts
I get good results with the image clip for lights but with darks I have just moved on to screen printing.....I got ok results with the image clip paper for darks but it wasn't consistent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.