T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone else had the conversations with suppliers who have said to hold off getting a Oki laser printer until further testing on new duracotton is completed soon? I was just ready to get one for image-clip and am glad I didn't I ordered duracotton but couldn't get it through my samsung laser so I have no clue how it works. All indications at the Atlanta show supported that something big is in the works for duracotton for darks. Anyone with some solid information.

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Hello, has anyone else had the conversations with suppliers who have said to hold off getting a Oki laser printer until further testing on new duracotton is completed soon? I was just ready to get one for image-clip and am glad I didn't I ordered duracotton but couldn't get it through my samsung laser so I have no clue how it works. All indications at the Atlanta show supported that something big is in the works for duracotton for darks. Anyone with some solid information.

Thanks

Rick
Why don't you try Imageclip with your Samsung laser printer. Imageclip image (red sheet) paper does not have polymer coating it is the other part that is coated with polymer (green sheet). The image sheet will not cause jamming in the fuser since it is not coated. Be sure to use the multi purpose tray and feed the image sheet one at a time. Maybe you don't have to buy another laser printer.

No need to worry about the OKI laser printer. I have been using mine for over 3 years and still chugging along. I have used it for a wide range of laser and even inkjet transfer products. It is the best choice for laser transfers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thread I posted was quite awhile ago when they were still in the R&D of the new AutoTrans paper. Oki's work great with the revised papers and make a beautiful print. We are going through a very extensive test with this new paper as we speak and it seems to be awesome in color, no hand, no fading and the ability to run it through almost any laser.

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The thread I posted was quite awhile ago when they were still in the R&D of the new AutoTrans paper. Oki's work great with the revised papers and make a beautiful print. We are going through a very extensive test with this new paper as we speak and it seems to be awesome in color, no hand, no fading and the ability to run it through almost any laser.

Thanks
Rick
So why would OKI be not good for the transfer that is yet to be released?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I said, that statement was relayed to me months ago by the paper manufacturers due to the polymer coating and heats, etc, Since that time they have developed the product further and the Oki works great with this paper - as well as most other lasers.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.