T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First of all, want to say hello to everybody in this forum.

I've been doing vinyl prints for about a year + and decided to move forward by upgrading my gear. I been looking for information about self weeding papers on this forum, also red a lot about laser and inkjet printers and found it a bit confusing.

I do only cotton so sublimation probably is not what I am looking for. If I am right inkjet printers is mostly for sublimation? I might got it wrong.. However, just saw a good deal for OKI C8600N A3 printer and decided to ask you guys for a help. Most of my prints are sized in about a4 some a little bit bigger but I am wondering is there a big difference in price of maintenance a3 or a4? I mean, the necessity to purchase a3 size paper or maybe a4 paper would fit without problems as well?

DN, TS, N.. What those letters mean? Would I get some problems by purchasing OKI C8600N because of white toner? If so, do I need to upgrade it somehow?

60% of the products I do are Hoodies and Sweatshirts (50% Cotton/ 50% Polyester). Is there gonna be any trouble to process the self weeding paper on this type of clothes?

Any information, advice would be highly appreciated!

· Registered
745 Posts
The c8600n is alright for you to purchase. You can use it as a white toner conversion kit to make transfers onto dark cotton shirts and use a ink jet sublimation printer for the color printing on the Image Clip papers for Darks and lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.