T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good non-OKI branded replacement toner cartridges for the C711WT? I found this brand on Amazon but there isn't any reviews at all and I can't find anything on the web about the company. They promise 100% satisfaction and since it's through Amazon I don't think I'll have a problem returning it if it doesn't work. Plus the price is REALLY low. FYI, they have CMYK generic replacements if you're looking for those.

Also, I've been looking for hours on the web for a cheap replacement of the white toner. I can't find any generic brands or refill kits anywhere. I've only owned the printer since March, but I've already replaced the white toner once. I'm now have 40% left and my wallet is already starting to sweat!

Any recommendations on generic cartridges or refills on color or white toner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robb

·
Registered
2 Posts
same problem with refill cartridges is anyone use generic toner. Also is anyone know white toner replacement with low cost?????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found generic color toners that I'm happy with. The ones I've used so far actually reused old OKI 711 cartridges, but the toner works great. You can usually buy them for ~$40 on Amazon. Premium Toner Cartridge. Here is a picture: IMG_5911.JPG

I still haven't found generic white toner yet, and the OKI branded ones are getting harder to find. I just paid $500 for a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for reply i can find other colors but not white one. $500 is too high. I think buying ok c711wt is my biggest mistake

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm scared about the life of this printer. Why isn't anyone making generic white toner? Why are the OEM white cartridges getting hard to find? Are there other alternatives to the C711WT as far as white toner printers go?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
i'm new at this forum.
Sorry for my English i'm from Tahiti. :D
You will see at this address
www.promattex.com/PDF/tarif/Tarifs-imprimantes-OKI.pdf the price of the printer and the price of the inks. The price is on Euros
At this address you will find the price of th sheets
www.promattex.com/PDF/tarif/Tarifs-transferts-laser.pdf

I 'm wondering to buy an oki711wt but i'm lookink which paper do your country used. As i saw, it look very expensive for the sheets instead of what Europe have in price, did you agree ?
I would like to know also if the sheet to have a mate looks can be used several time or not ?
One more question, how much cost you one shirt with the sheet approximatively ?

Best regards :)
Cyril

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Cyril.

The transfer paper that I like the best is Forever Laser Dark LOW TEMP. By far it works the best, especially if you are looking to do color and white toner on dark garments. It is a bit expensive though. The average price is $2.50 a sheet (A and B sheet), but if you look around you can find sales or buy it in bulk. The best I found was buying 500 sheets of the 11 x 17" and then cutting it in half (11 x 8.5"). This brought my per sheet cost to be around $1.90 USD.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I found generic color toners that I'm happy with. The ones I've used so far actually reused old OKI 711 cartridges, but the toner works great. You can usually buy them for ~$40 on Amazon. Premium Toner Cartridge. Here is a picture: IMG_5911.JPG

I still haven't found generic white toner yet, and the OKI branded ones are getting harder to find. I just paid $500 for a new one.
Have you checked Alibaba website? Go to Alibaba.com then type C711WT white toner cartridge in search box and click Search to list all the vendors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you checked Alibaba website? Go to Alibaba.com then type C711WT white toner cartridge in search box and click Search to list all the vendors.
Hi, I have gone on Alibaba.com but I thought that website for people who are buying in bulk. Can I buy one single item from them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a few companies in China that sell the toner, chips, empty cartridges, and drums. They are a fraction of the cost of the OKI branded items. I'm going to order a set and put the kit together and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

-Robb

·
Registered
313 Posts
the 299 one on ebay still seems bit pricey.. im sure there will be lot of lower priced white toners if it was in demand.. BTW how many prints can i get from a new white toner? (or how many tees i can print)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$299 is the cheapest one I found (and the only one at that price). The second cheapest is $399. Everyone else wants $499+. I go through a lot of white toner so I'm CONSTANTLY on the search for the best price.

The yield count on one of these cartridges is 6,000 pages, but I think they rate a "page" as being printed only 10% of the page. So it would entirely depend on how large the image is on your transfer and how much black is used (since white is used everywhere on the graphic except for black).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah 6k prints doesn't seem accurate. Do you know about how many prints you were getting? I think that will give me rough ideal of how much I should adjust cost of my shirts. Or if i should just go DTG as there inks are really low now due to many competitions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I honestly couldn't say how many as I've never kept track. Maybe 1,000. There's pros and cons to DTG vs transfer paper. One thing that scares me about DTG is that you have to bleed the lines if you won't be using the machine for a couple of days. Otherwise, the ink will dry up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
whoa 1k to the 6k advertised is quite a big gap. Well, i'm guessing its not even full page white prints either right. I guess it all depends on how many shirts you can bust out with it and eventually get your moneys worth

but yeah dtg has too many things popping up it seems. However I had lot of issues with laser printers with what i owned in the past i hope that this will be a workhorse and go the distance.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts