T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Oki C610 prints horribly on Forever Dark. The print is so thin the B sheet won't bond to it. My settings are 'Films', the highest resolution, and Graphic Pro print quality. I've tried 'Heavy 2' and other settings as well. I've had the Oki tech support people try and help over the phone but they don't really support Forever. I sent some Forever Dark sheets to a subcontractor who has a C711WT and had them print with no white toner and used CMY to get as close to black as possible. My sheets bonded perfectly and I've been using the subcontractor and believe it or not have also been using a Canon Image Runner at the local Kinkos (with good luck) until my problem is resolved. BTW my heat press is the Geo Knight DK20S Swingman, also new.

I bought the printer from Magic Touch and they installed their own drivers. I no longer use any of the Magic Touch papers and wondered if it's possible the custom drivers are the culprit.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I need your help please!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ogawaru. for me personally, I have 2 100% polyester tees with images using Forever Dark that have seen about 20 washes (I wear them like jerseys while riding by road bicycle) that have not cracked. I also have some 100% cotton Gildan heavy weight that have not cracked but they're not a fair comparison as they have only been washed about 6 times each. I should also say, I wash them (and the polyester) like lingerie- delicate and cold in the washer, hang dry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New development: when I print from .ai I get the problem as described, but if I export the ai file into a PSD file then open in Photoshop then print, the black comes out beautifully. No settings have been changed from .ai to psd. If anyone can explain why I get a completely results please let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope I am correct here, but AI is post script enabled, if you look at the bottom of the PS print setting box you will see post script disabled, illustrator you can't disable post script, Oki don't like that post script thingy maboby, I export to photoshop then rasterise @300dpi then print, I also think CMYK document set up has also got a problem, it seems to print better from PS in RGB, hope I'm right, maybe some expert can give us some needed advice, I have the same problem as you have printing from AI to a Oki C810.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts