T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took snapshot of the cyan drum and seems like its very messy and kind of thinking its clogging the gear or something.. But what you guys think.. normal looking drum or Red flag? As mentioned before , when i put this back in the noise is screeching and turn it back off.. Called a local service dept and mentioned that it could be toner also but if you take toner off the drum and test it by itself and noise comes on then it wont be.. Which i did and turns out its probally the drum.. Just worried if i get a new drum new noise will happen which means the printer has issues..

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
So i took snapshot of the cyan drum and seems like its very messy and kind of thinking its clogging the gear or something.. But what you guys think.. normal looking drum or Red flag? As mentioned before , when i put this back in the noise is screeching and turn it back off.. Called a local service dept and mentioned that it could be toner also but if you take toner off the drum and test it by itself and noise comes on then it wont be.. Which i did and turns out its probally the drum.. Just worried if i get a new drum new noise will happen which means the printer has issues..
First I am not a Tech - so insert grain of salt here...

You can put the toner cartridge back on and lock it. Then turn the set upside down and tap it lightly on the table to knock the toner back into the cartridge. Then while it is upside down you can unlock (close) the cartridge and then remove it.

Now - and this is NOT a recommendation because toner is very hard to contain due to the micron size - you can use something like a vacuum or blower to remove the excess toner inside the drum unit. Again I don't recommend doing this as the toner makes a cloud of tiny dust.

Then once it is all out you should be able to use the gear to rotate the drum and a soft cloth to clean everything.

With that said - there is another likely cause of the sound - the drum has a kind of elevator belt that collects the excess toner and carries it back to the waste toner compartment in the cartridge. This belt can become jammed or even stripped such that you can hear this noise. When this happens you also get a lot of waste toner spewing out. A new drum should fix this problem.

David Lewis
AW Specialty Papers

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First I am not a Tech - so insert grain of salt here...

You can put the toner cartridge back on and lock it. Then turn the set upside down and tap it lightly on the table to knock the toner back into the cartridge. Then while it is upside down you can unlock (close) the cartridge and then remove it.

Now - and this is NOT a recommendation because toner is very hard to contain due to the micron size - you can use something like a vacuum or blower to remove the excess toner inside the drum unit. Again I don't recommend doing this as the toner makes a cloud of tiny dust.

Then once it is all out you should be able to use the gear to rotate the drum and a soft cloth to clean everything.

With that said - there is another likely cause of the sound - the drum has a kind of elevator belt that collects the excess toner and carries it back to the waste toner compartment in the cartridge. This belt can become jammed or even stripped such that you can hear this noise. When this happens you also get a lot of waste toner spewing out. A new drum should fix this problem.

David Lewis
AW Specialty Papers
First off, thank you for your reply! I love this printer just too many problems. I will take your suggestions. The blower method I'll use compress air i see conde do (i think you work for conde too right? saw your videos lol)

elevator belt meaning the black transparency type one underneath?
I don't see any toner is this area and as mentioend the cyan drum when i take it out the noise isn't there so the belt would not be affect or still have posibility of it being the culprit?

I know your not tech but still seem to know lot more then average joe

·
Registered
625 Posts
You need to buy a new drum. The gear isn,t sybchronizing with the printer gear.
AL
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts