T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Your site looks good. I would probably make the main content are a bit wider...probably around 770px or so. It seems narrow, but maybe thats just me. I would use as much of the screen as you can fit the design on without having horizontal scrolling on 800 x 600. You might also want to add some pages to your site (about, faq, contact, etc).

I am completely confused by your designs. Some of the strangest that I have ever seen. I guess thats a good thing though. Perhaps there is niche for this sort of thing.

The Abu Ghraib Christmas is brilliant. Id be interested to know if people will actually but it though. Its just so offensive.;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very interesting designs. The mouse one is excellent, as well as the evolution and the tigerbomb. Those three caught my attention out of the rest. The FAQ and the Help buttons wouldn't work for me (IE6). I'd mess a bit with your header/button section to create a more integrated feel, imo. Cool designs...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would use as much of the screen as you can fit the design on without having horizontal scrolling on 800 x 600.
That's a really good call, I think I had it set to 600 wide thinking that the smaller screen resolutions would need to scroll if I made it larger. I musta just gotten the dimension reversed in my head, since obviously 800 wide is what I should be shooting for.

You might also want to add some pages to your site (about, faq, contact, etc).
Oh, I have a FAQ and Help link, but the poster below you says the buttons weren't working for them. So perhaps they didn't show for you either. But yeah, a more elaborate contact and about me page would be good.

I am completely confused by your designs. Some of the strangest that I have ever seen. I guess that's a good thing though. Perhaps there is niche for this sort of thing.
Yeah, I think my market is definitely a niche one, but so far I've been doing a lot better then I expected. Of course I'm not any sort of big player, just a dude with a spreadshirt account, and don't have a marketing budget or anything. But still, It's been really cool so far.

The Abu Ghraib Christmas is brilliant. Id be interested to know if people will actually but it though. Its just so offensive.;)
Yeah, I've been running the shop for 5 weeks now, and that's one of the designs I've had since I opened. I'm pretty sure it's also the only shirt I opened with that I haven't sold a single copy of. Ironically it's one of the top 3-4 designs I've had visitors compliment me on, but clearly it gives some people a chuckle but no one wants to risk being seen in it. =)

The FAQ and the Help buttons wouldn't work for me (IE6).
Ewww, the buttons not working is bad news... Any idea what might cause that?

I'd mess a bit with your header/button section to create a more integrated feel, imo.

Yeah, I really need to do exactly that. I think my header and assorted links area feel very amateurish, but since I'm an amateur I just haven't figured out how to resolve it better. I'm going to work at it though, I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Thanks for the feedback!
Jeremy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jeremy, what advertising method do you use?
Looks to me like your designs are designs that no one would search for by keyword, so I'm wondering how they find out about your t-shirts.

I've used Adwords and Froogle.
Adwords works for me (as long as the product sells), but when I use Froogle, I get the
feeling that nobody is looking or clicking. I can't tell if anybody is clicking from Froogle.

Did you get the tiger bomb idea from Tiger Balm?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeremy, what advertising method do you use?
Looks to me like your designs are designs that no one would search for by keyword, so I'm wondering how they find out about your t-shirts.

Did you get the tiger bomb idea from Tiger Balm?
Well that's a good question, and one I haven't solved yet. I don't do any advertising beyond my MySpace page, Signing up for t-shirt countdown, the occasional on topic Fark comment and what hits the spreadshirt mainpage. But I'm a really small operation at this point, not a big player in the t-shirt game, I only move an average of 13 shirts a week.

But yeah, eventually I'll need to figure out how to advertise for real, and the keywords will be tough since no-one is going to wake up one morning and say "I wish I had a T-shirt with Godzilla playing the drums on it, and maybe one making fun of a 19th century president's bad facial hair" but if they happen across the page, they might just think it's a great random idea and buy one.

So yeah, searches by keywords seems like a tough nut to crack...

As for tigerbomb, there is an obscure Guided by Voices EP with that name, the EP is pretty unnecessary but I was always in love with it's title. So that's where I got it from.

Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts