T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have just done a design in Photoshop. I designed it with a black background as it will be going on a black/dark garment ( which may of been where I am going wrong ). I saved the design as a .jpg and imported into separation studio, played with the levels and deleted the unwanted screens ( 1 colour white half tone print ). So i am left with my Underbase ( which i have brought the levels up ) and all looks great on the preview.

However when i send it to rip the printout is of course printing the whole black background right to the edge of the a3 sheet doh !

I suppose what i need to do is turn the Positive, into a negative for exposing.

Can anyone help me with what to do?

Thank you

Attachments

· Registered
342 Posts
Can i simply desaturate, and invert in photoshop ?
Yes you need to invert that in photoshop to get the right base... but I don't understand why you would use separation studio when you already have photoshop. This art is very easily separated in photoshop either with some effects manually or other techniques.

You can shift the lightness of your hues to white, and there is your underbase if you invert it in photoshop, with the HSL tool.

Or you can remove the blacks and shift the colors to black to get separations from the hues, this looks like blue, red, white and base?

Not sure why it would have made the base like that, maybe you grabbed the black instead? You can just invert like you said, what you have there in photoshop -- unless it is the colored version... then don't desaturate but use the "black and white" effect and shift all hue-colors to +100 white, or same with the HSL tool.

That way what is blue or red, etc, will turn to white -- then you invert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.