T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much to charge. Customer supplying shirts, I will be pressing a rhinestone design on them. What is common charge(s)? This will be a return customer, as long as I keep them happy.

I recieved a pricing guide from an earlier post on the forum. It was for shirts and all. The prices were based on number of stones.

Thanks
Harley

· Registered
2,498 Posts
I get a lot of customers wanting to bring me their own shirts. First make sure to let them know in writing that you are not responsible if something happens to a shirt. I had a customer recently tell me that they wanted a shirt with a design like one I had posted on Facebook which had a red fill and a crystal outline. After I made the shirt, which was hers, she told me that she meant she wanted a crystal fill and red outline. Not my fault.

If you provide the shirts, you are only paying a few dollars per shirt, right? So if you mess one up, your costs are limited and you can easily replace it. But if you're using a customer's shirt, they're usually retail and they paid anywhere from $10-$25 for the blank.

Okay, that out of the way, I tell my customers that I take $3 off for them to bring their own shirts. If they balk, I tell them that my price isn't based solely on the cost of materials but on the labor and designing that went into creating that rhinestone transfer. I've never had anyone complain though. If they want to bring in their own shirt, it's because they've found one that they're sure fits them and that they love the way it looks on them. They're usually just thrilled that I'm willing to use their own shirt.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense. This customer does in fact buy the shirts wholesale. They sell shirts online and locally. My thought was.....price it as if I was selling it and then take out cost of shirt.
I just don't want to be too steep and lose business. Other hand I don't want give anything away either.

Thank you

· Registered
621 Posts
Divinebling is correct. Institute a BYO policy and let the customer know. It might not be standard practice but its good to cover you ***.

Whilst print errors are rare, please note that if a prodcution error occurs on BYO apparel, replacement items cannot be sourced by you.

Always have your terms and conditions on your front desk visible to the customer. Trust me its worth it for just that one on a million customer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.