T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here...ok I have been scouring the forums and read a lot of great information...

I currently have a very basic craft cutter (Silhouette) and have been venturing into using it to cut iron on vinyl for T-shirts, kids shirts, canvas bags, etc...I have been getting some interest in having stuff done on a commission basis.

I am realizing that the iron on vinyl I have been using maybe isn't the best stuff as far as holding up wash after wash and plan on trying out the Ecofilm, Sisser and Thermoplex.

Anyway I am thinking if I want to take this a step further and start accepting some small commission orders that I may need to invest in a Heat press...

Based on what I have read here I am thinking the Sunie 15x15 is going to be the best for both my needs and my budget...I don't want to go too expensive since this would be a very small side business - not looking to make money with the commissions but rather "break even" (I.E. allow for it to pay for my crafting habit)

I realize that heat presses are used for different things (still trying to figure all that out) - just wanted to get some feedback about using the Sunie press with vinyl...

The way I have been doing it now is with my home iron with a piece of knit material between the iron and the transfer...with the press I know I have read mention of a Telfon pad - is this what is commonly used between the transfer and the press??

Lastly can this same press be used for Rhinestone applique - I have done some Rhinestone designs using my home iron - Would a heat press work for this as well???

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Yes, a heat press is excellent for apply rhinestone designs. Also, the Teflon can be used if you desire. It is not essential. The heat press can be used to apply any transfer material to any flat product that will accept the transfer material.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.