T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a list of questions below, which fall under quite a few categories. I have searched under all these questions to find out some answers, but have only recieved a general understanding, opposed to a specific result. So, I do hope that these questions won't be too redundant. I thank you all in advance and have found a great wealth of information already. I hope these questions are not too personal.

Which screen printers do you recommend? For the novice? For the business setting?

What eCommerce Shopping Cart do you use? I am looking for a shopping cart that will change dynamically (preferably in javascript) with the option choices presented to the customer. I'm specifically looking for something such as presented on these t-shirt sites:

http://www.chargrilled.co.uk/t-shirts/proddetail.asp?prod=m0hench
http://splitreason.com/productdetail.php?id=213

If such a Cart is not being distributed, to your estimate, how much do you believe this will cost to have coded?

Which suppliers for 100% cotton shirts do you prefer to deal with?

Which suppliers do you prefer to deal with in respects to custom tags?

Which suppliers do you prefer to get your ink from?

Again, thank you for your time. Any information is appreciated. I am looking for specific answers. I'm looking forward to becoming an active member on these forums =)

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hi Kevin, welcome to the forums. :)

I have seen a lot shopping cart software packages that have those kind of product options available. I can't think of one at the moment, but I am sure if you keep looking you will find one. If you want a cart that runs on Java, you should look for lists of Java apps on Google.

As for your other questions..

T-shirts - There are a lot of quality brands out there, and everyone seems to have a different opinion as to what is the best. I suggest you read through the forums for suggestions, then find a few companies to check out, and order 1 or 2 shirts and see how you like them.

Same goes for tags. Just do a search for "tags" and you will find a bunch of threads on that topic, with recommendations as well.

As for "Ink", I don't know what kind of ink you are talking about. There are many different kinds of ink, and many different ways to get an image onto a shirt, I suggest, once again, to read through the forums. Most likely all the info you want is already there somewhere.

Hope that helps. See you around!

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Hi Kevin, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Kevin|Lockwood said:
I have searched under all these questions to find out some answers, but have only recieved a general understanding, opposed to a specific result.
That's the general nature of forums. For every question asking an opinion, there will be many different opinions given since many of the answers are relative. Often times there is no "best" or "specific" answer, only a matter of preference :)

It also can help to break up questions into separate posts with descriptive thread titles. That way, when other members are searching for similar answers, they will see topic titles that better match the question they have.

Which screen printers do you recommend? For the novice? For the business setting?
Are you talking about equipment or companies that provide a printing service?

What eCommerce Shopping Cart do you use? I am looking for a shopping cart that will change dynamically (preferably in javascript) with the option choices presented to the customer.
I use cubecart (free) and shopsite (expensive). Many carts have "plugins" or add-ons that can do what you're asking. I think cubecart does (if not, you could probably request one by created at cubecart.org). Or you could probably have a plugin to cubecart coded by someone at rentacoder.com for under $100

Which suppliers for 100% cotton shirts do you prefer to deal with?
Are you talking about distributors or actual specific brands that folks prefer (both answers can be found in the forums :))

Which suppliers do you prefer to deal with in respects to custom tags?
In a forum search for labels, you'll find some common ones mentioned here a few times: clothinglabels4u.com (an advertiser here), djslabels, luckylabel.com, westcoastlabels

Which suppliers do you prefer to get your ink from?
I think many of the screen printing supply companies are often recommended. You can check the links page at screenprinters.net for some common companies, and also here.

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member on these forums =)
We look forward to having you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts