T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the average T seller on here, what is your average # of T's sold in a day/week/month/year ?

My goal is in two years, to be selling at least 140 shirts a week. (about 20 a day)

Once my site is up, and the marketing kit is ready for the retail shops, it's going to be a big challenge.

What is everyone else aiming for?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I think if that is a part time business that is a good figure. I don't know what your price point is wholesale though. Have you ever been to a retail gift show? There are so many people trying to sell tee shirts that it is crazy. My rep back east sell my tote bags (wholesale only) but he will not sell my tees because of number of competitors at the shows. Thank god he sells my totes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO can anyone else give me their averages? Or an idea of number of shirts sold per week?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdr8271 said:
I would say that that is a good full time figuire, assuming that you are taliking about retail. If your talking about wholesale, thats probably not enough.

Most people dont sell that much though.

I am hoping to do mostly online retail, to start, and sales "out of the trunk of my car". Then push to increase wholesale sales, so I can sell minimum quantities, and maybe be able to predict sales, and production needs a bit better.

(I just got my HIX 400HT -D yesterday, and am looking forward to my first 150 sales, to pay it off) LOL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you are talking online reatailing it will be dependent on how many people you are pushing to the site, and what your marketing plan is.

If you are a retail store you will probably see a flux in business per season and location.

let me know if you need any help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our averages the past two months have been 5-6 orders a day. Sometimes they will have multiple shirts in an order. We launched a new design last week and in 24 hours we had over 40 orders. Was a great day. We marketed the crap out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
too true. there is way too many variables to this equation to be applicable to anyone other than the person that has the exact set up as the questioner.

Yes, I'm not sure these averages would help much. Because of things like location, years in business, economy(you know the demand of the market you're in), and inventory I can't really say and I think it would be hard for some others to break this down too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts