T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused about something...

I've noticed that t-shirt printers vary their rates according to the number of colors in your design, from one color up to 5, 6, 7 or more.

Now from what I understand, with 4-color printing you combine cyan, yellow, magenta, and black components to create full-spectrum prints such as color photos. If that's the case, then what would be the advantage of using more than 4 colors if you can get any color you need from CYMK?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pawmedia said:
You're referring to the difference between spot color and process color - two different screen printing processes. Spot color prints usually contain between 1 and 10 colors (depending on the capability of your printer) and is perfect for both light and dark shirts. Process color printing combines colors to produce a more photo like print - but it requires light color shirts. Dark shirts would require simulation process printing - yet another printing style.
Now it's clear to me. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.