T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm thinking of using this image to sell T-shirts with, if not on the Internet, at least locally, within the confines of my small town in Malaysia.

If this pic has a copyright or anything, care to direct me to the person responsible for this T-shirt?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Your easier option may be to create your own original piece, along similar lines. That way you will not have to worry about copyright issues.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
If this pic has a copyright or anything, care to direct me to the person responsible for this T-shirt?
I would start at the source. Whereever you got the picture from and work from there.

All pictures have a copyright, it just depends on whether the copyright holder allows others to use it or whether they don't.

We really can't tell you if it's OK, because we don't own the image.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is a very distinct image. I would not use it without permission from the original owner. I understand that finding original owners on the web is difficult, if not impossible, but with this type of image, I would make the effort before trying to put in on a tshirt.

This looks like a nuclear explosion pic taken by the federal government which are very prevalent on the web and easy to find. Pics taken by the US government are generally public domain and you can do what you want with them. Photoshop the image and make it unique.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
This would be very easy to duplicate...find a picture of an explosion...and then draw a hand in the finger shape and in corel draw, use power clip to place a portion of the explosion photo in to the outline...should work fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts