T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to screen printing and I an looking to find out whats the best way to flash dry and cure plastisol ink. I only have a home made one print press. I'm using a halogen 500 w light that I use to expose my images. The 500 w takes forever to get it somewhat dry to do another pass. The image is also pretty big thanks fur iny 24x20 156 screen. And obviously I don't have a lot of money and on a budget. Iv tried reading some of the previous post related but didn't help as much. Cause you are all say buy a real flash dryer and conveyor oven.

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
3,906 Posts
I don't have a conveyor oven. I use my flash dryer. If your ink isn't correctly cured it will come off the shirts with the first wash (if it even lasts that long). The key to screen printing is: do it right, or don't do it all. Especially if you are charging people for shirts. An unhappy customer can cause some real issues for you. You might try a heat gun.

· Registered
265 Posts
Get a heat gun for now! They're less than $30 at Home Depot. In fact, there is one 1/2 price right now for $29. I have the one that's $22 and it works for me, although I've never used it to cure plastisol. But I can say that thing gets HOT! Don't ask...lol

· Registered
226 Posts
Honestly look on craigslist or call a screen printing distributor and buy a dryer. The guns are inconsistent and will be more work than you think. You can pick up some good used equipment from shops that have upgraded or are closing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.