T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 color Kiosk with no white ink. Since changing my printhead and dampers (dampers multiple times) I still do not have all colors printing when I do a nozzle check. I have been working on my Kiosk for months trying to get it printing clearly (it has not been in production). I still have banding on my black, gray, light cyan and magenta. I have been printing individual colors trying to force the ink since I have waisted many bottles of ink through head cleanings. When I try to print gray it prints magenta and cyan then a little black?? I have done many test prints and they have gotten much better but I still have banding and not a clear nozzle check. I am confused exactly which nozzles print for certain colors and in what order each nozzle prints when I do the nozzle check. If I print 20% black does this print from the black or gray nozzle? I guess what I need to know is what colors to use to force each nozzle, if I need to force Light Cyan what color should I try to print to force that nozzle only? I have tried turning all valves off except the color I am trying to work with but then when I turn the others on I seem to have additional problems with colors that were working fine.
Thanks,
Michelle

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Change your capping assembly (capping station, pump, and wipers) on your Kiosk. The capping assembly acts as a vacuum cleaner, sucking the ink through the print head. The capping assembly is a wear part and if it not working properly your machine will exhibit the symptoms you are describing. It is not expensive and it's not a bad idea to change it anyway at least once a year as part of your maintenance program.

Harry

· Registered
350 Posts
When you do a ink fill does it draw the ink through the lines ok?? The reason I askes is the valves them selfs maybe clogged if it has not been in production for a while also check dampners. I have nto got valves on my machine anymore just straight lines and a line peg to stop ink flow to each colour when desired. We did have valve problems about 12 months ago with one of the new machines and descided to remove them as it was restricting the ink flow. Draw some ink through them with a syrenge and if they are hard to draw then you know there is a problem starting form the bottles to the dampners. Also check to ensure the bottles have clear breather holes etc. Try to start at the point of ink it self then work your way down. As equipment zone said also replace the capping station,wiper balde and pump assembley. Just ensure when putting in your new capping station to carfeully wind across your wiper blade assembly (do not push with hand or you will break the internal mechanisim) this allows you to home the capping station properly. I hope this helps and saves you some money.
Grant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.