T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nozzle Check not printing on all colors
Hi I have a T-Jet blazer pro and we changed all dampers and the print head is about a month old. When I do a power clean the ink is moving in all lines. Colors all appear in the capping station. But when I do a nozzle check all 4 white are perfect but no color at all. Whats going on here?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sure your dampers are primed and full of ink
Just did 2 power clean how could they not be full of ink? What do you mean by primed?

It would make sens since I just changed all 4 damper for all colors and the whites were change about a month ago at the same time of the print head.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
power cleans aren't going to prime the dampers.. you need to get your syringe and basically bring the ink into the dampers they need to be full of ink.

If they are empty its not gonna print..

in the past month have you had good nozzle checks??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
power cleans aren't going to prime the dampers.. you need to get your syringe and basically bring the ink into the dampers they need to be full of ink.

If they are empty its not gonna print..

in the past month have you had good nozzle checks??
The past month the machine hasnt printed anything, I did 2 power clean and left the cleaning solution in it. But before doing this the machine had a perfect nozzle check. Will let you know how things are going after I pull ink to the damper. be back in 15 min or less.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok dampers are full of ink. Just did another nozzle check and theres alot of broken lines and lots of lines are missing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you made sure the dampers are full?
are the colors coming back?

you may need to keep doing a power clean just to get the inks flowing..
Well I pulled about 5 to 10 cc from each.

Nozzle check is now showing colors and it wasnt before I pulled ink from the dampers. (whites are perfect)

How many power clean? And do I need to replace the ink cartridge with the cleaning solutions? or do I just do a power clean with the ink in the machine?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Well I pulled about 5 to 10 cc from each.

Nozzle check is now showing colors and it wasnt before I pulled ink from the dampers. (whites are perfect)

How many power clean? And do I need to replace the ink cartridge with the cleaning solutions? or do I just do a power clean with the ink in the machine?
You want to do the power clean / ink purge a few times what your trying to do at this point is get the cleaning solution out of the system and get ink to replace it.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Nozzle Check not printing on all colors
Hi I have a T-Jet blazer pro and we changed all dampers and the print head is about a month old. When I do a power clean the ink is moving in all lines. Colors all appear in the capping station. But when I do a nozzle check all 4 white are perfect but no color at all. Whats going on here?

From Mike in our Support Department:

Look at the ribbon cables on the color ink side of the machine. There is a small circuit board that all 4 colors have a small ribbon cable going into, and a larger ribbon cable that carries all 4 to the main board. Check that and the mainboard. Also, when you raise the top cover, there are 6 ribbon cables in the front. Make sure that you didn't accidentally dislodge any of them when replacing the printhead.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just took out the print head and pushed cleaning solution trew it. placed everything and did a power clean. Now same problem white inks are perfect, black has broken lines but at least I see some. Magenta and Cyan barely shows parts of lines and yellow isnt there at all.

Ribbon cables all look fine.

Please help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I will leave cleaning solution in the capping station for the night and see if things improve tomorrow. If it doesn`t then I will try to pull cleaning solution from the print head untill I fix this problem. If anyone would have a suggestion please post it.

If this doesn`t help would you say the print head needs replacing?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I just took out the print head and pushed cleaning solution trew it. placed everything and did a power clean. Now same problem white inks are perfect, black has broken lines but at least I see some. Magenta and Cyan barely shows parts of lines and yellow isnt there at all.

Ribbon cables all look fine.

Please help.

From Mike in our Support Department:

If the dampers are not clogged, and the capping station is functioning normally (do you see it pulling all colors into it? It should suck in any ink on it, there should not be a puddle of ink left on it). It looks like ink starvation is the issue here. Are the caps on the bulk system open? Can you easily pull ink through the dampers, or is there some resistance? What are the levels of ink in the bulk system?

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you determine that you have good ink flow and that the head is good here is something else to look at. If you can see ink being pulled through the lines when you do a power cleaning and you are sure that the head is free of clogs and the capping ***'y is working properly, take a look at all of the fittings on the ink tubes and the dampers. Make sure that they are all tight and not allowing any air to be pulled instead of ink. If you are sure that all fittings are secure and tight and still nothing you could replace the "elbows" on the top of the dampers. I have seen some that get hairline cracks in them and cause problems when trying to print. Again, you have to make sure that the head is good, that the ink has free flow through the tubes and dampers and that the capping assembly is working properly. You can test the capping assembly by putting some cleaning solution or windex in the cap part of the assembly and do a normal head cleaning. Watch the cap and see if the fluid is pulled from the cap into the waste ink tank.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, same results. I left the cleaning solution in the capping station for the night and the nozzle check barely shows improvement. Missing alot of lines in all 4 colors. I will use 50/50 isopropyl rubbing alcohol and distilled water and wait 2 hours. If anyone would have any suggestion it would be appreciated. And Should I just put in isopropyl (70%) without distilled water?

The bulk system are full of ink or at least 3/4 full.
The holes on top are good but I removed the caps anyway.
I can pulled lots of ink from the dampers fairly easy. Dampers for all 4 colors are brand new, installed and full of ink.
I ordered a elbow for the magenta cause it was cracked so at least I know magenta should be ok.
And I know this can cause problems so I make sure they are always tight.
I pushed cleaning solution in the print head and it sprayed nicely. *My buddy told me I should of pulled not pushed cleaning solution from the print head.
Capping assembly is working properly tested it will doing a regular clean and its pulling ink.

Print head... We bought it about a month ago and barely used it since... We stored the machine with distilled water for about a month. But what is confusing is normally its the white ink the problem so I hope we can figure this one out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts