T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a M&R i-dot, I was having issues with 2 white nozzles only giving me about 75% nozzle check. So far I have taken out cleaned and reinstalled the capping station, replaced the wiper blade. I took out the printhead and reversed and waterfalled the print head. After that I lost about 20% on my CMYK channels. A second waterfall and this time replaced all the dampers. Put everything back together and still getting worse nozzle check then when I first started. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I have a M&R i-dot, I was having issues with 2 white nozzles only giving me about 75% nozzle check. So far I have taken out cleaned and reinstalled the capping station, replaced the wiper blade. I took out the printhead and reversed and waterfalled the print head. After that I lost about 20% on my CMYK channels. A second waterfall and this time replaced all the dampers. Put everything back together and still getting worse nozzle check then when I first started. Any suggestions?

You should replace the capping assembly with a new one. It's a wear part that should be regularly replaced anyway.
_

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure its the original capping station so I will change that out. I guess my biggest concern is that my nozzle check got worse after I pulled the print head out. I was getting 100 cymk and about 80% combined but now my cmyk is about 60-80. Just not sure if maybe some air is getting in there

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Im sure its the original capping station so I will change that out. I guess my biggest concern is that my nozzle check got worse after I pulled the print head out. I was getting 100 cymk and about 80% combined but now my cmyk is about 60-80. Just not sure if maybe some air is getting in there

You can check the dampers and ink tubing by pulling each damper out one by one. Stick a syringe in the bottom and gently pull out and check that the ink flows easily. Replacing the capping station will not hurt, should be done anyway if it's that old, and may help your flow situation greatly.

_

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.