T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

This forum is great great place to learn vinyl! I read alot on this froum.

I am manufacturing managment guy by profession, now into my own advertising company. I have two major sections:, Online and Offline advertising.

In online advertising I make websites and have my website that is the first bilingual online business directory of the region and is under third revision.

In offline marketing, I do printing and signs.

As a private business, I started affiliate marketing writing my first book and selling it with clickbank.

Under my efforts to develop a unique, specific targeted market affiliate product, I have developed a method where we can do the contour cutting WITHOUT optical eye in the cutter and WITH basic flexistarter 8.6 v 2 program.

It will have alot more tips and tricks but I don't want to be a salesman here.

It is very interesting to know that this information is completely unique and nothing like that is available at this moment.

I am publishing it on June 01, 2010 and wanted to declare in this forum as this is a learning hub for new persons.

Best regards to all out there.

Subodh Sharma

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is nothing new
Hi Roger

I extensively looked but could not find easy but systematic steps for contour cut. Additionally many comments in this forum expressed that it is indeed not possible (two comments said it can be done with adobe illustrator) I also looked at the video links you gave but could not establish how are we contour cutting in those videos. There can surely be something that I missed but certainly my information will add on to it.

I am trying to create information for the people entering into the industry and are not looking to invest too much on sophisticated machines and costly primary as well as support softwares, without compromising the functionalty they may need to fulfil their customer`s demand.

The bigger machines can surely do it but I am trying to create how a small machine within a very limited budget can do it. for example a simple cutter with flexistarter (not flexi pro)software and no other cost (cost of my small book though). The flexistarter comes nearly of 110 $ with key but flexi-pro is very costly. if I am right it is nearly 4000 dollars!

Nevertheless, my goal is create a small book with all the details required to do it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Well you can use pin alignment and a lot of software allows you to contour cut without using optical alignment or laser alignment for that matter and also its indeed possible in most software to do this with out either method.

I am not trying to be combative here I am just saying that you can do this with most software and a lot of the cutters today come with software capable of doing this without additional software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again Roger

It is ok. I am also considering it as an healthy discussion and valuable feedback. I am thankful for your replies.

As far as I have experienced, flexistarter does make the contour around anything but when you want to cut it, (Master cutter) it does not have anything like pin alignment and does not select contour to cut it. The grey contour line in flexistarter becomes invisible and is never selected or shown to cut without an optical laser cutter.

That is what I am working on. Any member with above specific combinations can be benefited by my information as he/she can do the contour cut as well as lettering cut inside the contour to later take out those letters and use contour as a hollow sticker.

Best regards
Subodh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts