T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I initially posted this elsewhere, but I don't think it was the right place. I may have posted it in a tips section. Anyway...

So I am doing a basic four color WB print.

I lay white underbase, 2 push passes, flash for 10 sec.
Then 1 more, flash,

lay red, two pushes, flash.

lay blues two pushes, flash

lay black, two pushes cure for 2-3 minutes til its only barely tacky.

After about the 2nd shirt the frames start to take a little more effort to raise of the shirt. By the third it is taking ink with it.

I really don't want that much ink on the shirt, but I fear that I made the wrong decision if I wanted the image opaque. I am using Green Galaxy Comet White, Mars Red, Neptune Blue and Pitch Black.

Am I pressing to hard. I am bearing down on it pretty good, but I thought you had to?

Using a 16x16 Ryonet Flash Dryer and this is what I'm getting...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO0TMk5mauPCmD1a1RU-Wg62NFWY9rnLhDo0rOx

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPThqolwxllXQS_6fqFoT-gGt3C7LBiUR52Ib16

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The spots in the stars is where the next screen pulled the dark blue off. I spoke with Ryonet, they suggested flashing the white then printing everything else wet on wet.

They also suggest That I reduce my off contact. Now I am at about 1/16 of an inch.

I redid the print wet on wet and now tons of ink transfers to the next screen leaving the image very dull. All the color is on the bottom of the following screen.

· Registered
30 Posts
My grossly uneducated guess is your pallet is heating up with all that flashing. When you run more shirts the ink is drying in the screen somewhat thus pulling off ink.

This comment is worth what you paid for it.

All the Best,
D. White

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Green Galaxy, and Comet White for sure, gets sticky/tacky when lightly flashed and still warm. I would perhaps flash it a bit more, but mostly make sure it has a chance to cool before the next screen. I printed this on a one-station press, which was a bit of a pain, but on a multi-station press, setup a fan to blow across one of the stations. Else, you are probably going to get some blockages in your screens where the tacky half-cured ink sticks.

Are you curing on-press with your flash? If so, stop that! Flash each garment enough that it can be pulled off press without messing up the ink. Once all the garments have been printed and flashed, then cure them. Else, you have no hope of keeping everything cool enough.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Green Galaxy, and Comet White for sure, gets sticky/tacky when lightly flashed and still warm. I would perhaps flash it a bit more, but mostly make sure it has a chance to cool before the next screen. I printed this on a one-station press, which was a bit of a pain, but on a multi-station press, setup a fan to blow across one of the stations. Else, you are probably going to get some blockages in your screens where the tacky half-cured ink sticks.

Are you curing on-press with your flash? If so, stop that! Flash each garment enough that it can be pulled off press without messing up the ink. Once all the garments have been printed and flashed, then cure them. Else, you have no hope of keeping everything cool enough.
Thank you. I am curing on the press. I am anxious to try it as suggested tomorrow. This has been baffling me for days. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.