T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure how to phase this question, so I apologize in advance. I was wondering whats the best size everyone bases their images to print on t-shirts so they can be consistent on all the shirt sizes. And I know that it varies on the brand, style, etc. Sorry if this sounds confusing, but its the best way I can think of asking it. I would appreciate the feedback.

·
Administrator
14,182 Posts
The answer depends a lot on the sizes you sell. If you sell S-XXL for instance, the max width you should have is 12-13 inches or so. Otherwise it could look oversized on your smaller sizes.

Click on these various shirts here Shirt.Woot : Day of Reckoning the Fifty-First . At the bottom of each description are the dimensions of the design. They happen to use two different sizes, depending upon the size of the shirt. Most of us can't afford to do that.

I usually go with the size that looks the best of the shirts I sell the most, L & XL. Then I print this size of everything, including small.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. I believe we are basing all our images on a Large/XL size. We cant afford to make a different size for each size. Our first order is 18 shirts/designs mens and 12 shirtsdesigns womens.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually we are going 22 across because most of our designs go the complete width of the shirt as well as the length, and the printer said they can strecth the smaller shirts to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts